MBA Home » MBA Business School Profiles »IIMC
MBA Business School Profiles - IIMC
The Institute of management,Calcutta was etsablished in 1961
with the help and co-operation of the Alfred P school of
management(MIT),The Goverment of West Bengal,the Ford
fondation and the indian industry.
The foundation stone of the Joka campus was laid by
Sri.Morarji Deasai,the then Deputy.Prime Minister of India
on Dec 15,1968.The institute to its present campus in 1975
- Post Graduate Program in Management:
- Post Graduate Program in Computer
Aided Management: (PGDCM)
- Post Graduate Program in Business
- Fellow Program in Management: (FPM)
- Special Management Program: (SPM)
- A Bachelor's degree (10+2+3 system) recognized by the
Association of Indian Universities/AICTE as eligible for
Postgraduate studies OR an equivalent degree in Agriculture,
Arts, Commerce, Engineering and Science.
- A minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in SSC/SSLC, or
High School, Higher Secondary or Senior Cambridge or Recognized
School Final Examination of any Board/University.
- Candidates appearing at the final bachelor's degree (10+2+3)
or equivalent degree examinations are also eligible to apply
provided they complete all their graduating requirements
including practical examinations/assignments before June
30 of the proposed year of admission. Their admission will,
however, be considered provisional until they produce their
marksheet satisfying the eligibility criterion. The time
limit for submitting the graduating marksheet is December
31 of the proposed year of admission.
- Eligibility criterion for PGDCM: No formal specialization
in either computers or management would be required for
admission to the program. However, knowledge of mathematics
at the graduate level would be assumed.
- Open University graduates must show proof of minimum
three years after class twelve and a certificate from the
university equivalent to a bachelors degree.
- Diplomas like Hotel Management, Fashion Technology are
not eligible unless equivalent certificates to a three year
university degree are provided.
A nonresident Indian or a foreign candidate is eligible to
apply to both 2-yr residential programs;PGDM and PGDCM.
The eligibility requirements are:
- A bachelor's degree from a recognized university or institute
- A high GMAT score and a consistently good academic record
up to the Bachelor's degree level.
- TOEFL scores will also be required from non-English speaking
Method of Teaching
The method of instruction are varied and include classroom
lectures, Case Studies, Individual and Group Projects, simulation
of business operations through games.
Fees and Expenses
Click here to view the fee structure
of IIM, Calcutta