1) What is a smith chart used for
2) How is impedance matching done and why do we need it (basically can talk about ideal power supply needing a low internal resistance and high load to function properly. so one stage of transistor amplifier has to have low o/p resistance and high i/p resistance for next stage- do look up all basic electronics) ( also about sinking high currents without damage)
3) Name all flipflops u know and working esp. master slave.
4) C programming - program to find how many 1's are present in an integer variable using bitwise operators. something about dynamic allocation, static functions, macros
5) c++ virtual functions
6) what types of control r there
Though i did mention that i was most comfortable with digital systems, microprocessors, i was asked only one or 2 questions on this topic like what is program counter, stack operation, etc.
9) A lot about final year project.
10) All electives, and subjects mentioned in CV.
11) CV as in most companies, is inspected very carefully during interview. so be careful what u put there lest they ask u something u are not prepared for.
i am sorry i cant remember any other questions but i hope this gives u atleast a rough idea about what subjects to cover.
also ur written test marks are very important. the order in which they call the people also indicates where u stand so try and
compensate by doing well in interview if ur name is towards the end of the list. u would improve ur chances i believe.
hr interview was only for around 10 minutes, they call if u have cleared tech interview. they asked about what i had been doing for the past 6 months, my plans, how L&T would help me. why L&T etc. the proceedure in mumbai however was totally different I think. they had GD, and HR interview i hear was gruelling. ur GK(number of states in our country, number of lady CMs in India,etc.)
is tested thoroughly. The form that u are given to fill before the interview, is reqiured to be filled in your neatest handwriting I really think this is imp.) and do take a lot of trouble to write things that would put u in good light. lots of luck to all u chennai people trying for L&T Infotech. Though they have a 2 year bond, this company is really worth going for. Do hope this information helps you a bit.
THE PAPER IS IN TWO PARTS iN THE FIRST ONE THERE ARE 40 QUESTIONS OF VISUAL REASONING AND IN SECOND THERE ARE 50 QUESTIONS FROM MISCELLANEOUS 30,40 TOPICS Question paper is here:
Part 1:-> Psychometric test.
Easiest thing in the world. Eight figures with you having to predict the ninth. Just use some common sense and u r thru this test. A WORD OF CAUTION tho; plz. do not waste time on a question if u r not sure ,just come back later n then do it. (36questions- 40minutes.)
Part 2:-> Engineering syllabus based Technical Test
Some of the questions r a s follows:-
a) What is reverse engineering.
b) Octal of some binary number(comes to 165 in decimal after conversion).
c) A cobol prog with an integer array(I guess coz i did not have Cobol in my syllabus).
d) A problem on Depth first search(very simple).
e) Question on Grammar's frm Theory of computer science.
f) Something like Select the correct option when A Subset of(B Subset of(A Intersection B).if B is completely contained by A.
g) A question on memory(quite simple).
h) A couyple of questions on C(one on pointers).
We were given the topic "Do u think women make better managers?"A debatable topic , but we merely agreed with each other and no big problem with it.