This interview was conducted for 1 year or more exp. guys in C++.
1) Firstly he asked me about the project and i was thoroughly grilled.
2) Then he asked to list the various types of storage classes and asked me to explain the
scope & lifetime of each one.. (Auto,Static,Register,Extern,and also mutable(only used
for classes) )
3) Right shift/Left shift + 1's complement concepts then asked me to give the output of this:-
i = 10;
int j = i >> 10;
4) Then, difference b/w
char *str = "Hello";
char arr = "Hello";
he started asking whether following statements get complied or not;
arr++; // ERROR..its like a pointer constant
*(arr + 1) = 's';
cout<<arr; // o/p: Hsllo
and other questions which i dont remember
5) struct Date
date1.yr = 2004;
date1.day = 4;
date1.month = 12;
now how will you initialize date2 (without member by member assignment)
ans: date2 = date1;
diff. b/w c++ structures & c structures
6) Explain Primary Memory, Secondary Memory, Virtual Memory...etc etc..??
7) What happens when you run a programme.. he meant what all the basic steps that O/S
8) Virtual functions/ Abstract classes/ Pointer functions
9) Asked me to write a recurssive factorial prog.
10) Then he gave me a prob. of inheritance. Asked me how u would invoke a base class member
function using derived class pointer( that func is not a virtual func. && no virtual Base class
inheritance) And some other Q's which i dont remember now...