Cadence Placement Papers and Sample Papers
10 related to s/w & then 10 related to h/w & 55 aptitute
2. inorder & preorder seq. of tree is given & you have to find out post order..
very easy but do practice you can make one easy method by practice..
3. problem on pass by ref. & pass by value.
asn: x=5 & y=3
4.in assembler relocatable code generated by ...!!??
asn: indirect addressing
5.depth of the tree
6.very simple problem on binary tree ...
so learn who to build tree & insert new tree node...
7.problem on FSM
8.problem on stack
9.problem on grammer
Technical part 2
2. for modulo-13 ...FF req.
3. asn: modulo-6
4. ans: z(x+y)
5. ans: 0,1
6. on DMA : I/O to Mem. without CPU monitering
7. problem on ring counter
asn: 4 cycle
8.number given in form 20 digit repesentation ...
where A,B ,C ,,,..J
number is 'IA'
what is the value in octal
9. one program is given
inwhich statement are
you have to find complexcity of prog.
last aptitude Part
1. log( X**3 + Y**3) where x=3/4 y=1/4
log(3) , log(7) & log(2) is given ...
2. one puzzle related cards ...
asn: 1 black card & 12 red crads
3. last question of paper ..
sum of money of A & B =Rs.10
diffrence of A + B = Rs.9
ans : 50 pesa
4. one paper is equlely folded 50 times...
what is new thikness of paper..
5. problem in which two circle are drawn ...& triangle..
6. one problem related to two train ...
ans: (T + t)/2
7. connect nine point without take-off pen & without overlapping line segment
1 2 3 4
* * * 5
* * * 6
0* * * 7
answer: start with 0 to 1 to 7 to 0 to 4 .
8. make four equle parts..
hint : repeat same shape in it.
9. one area finding problem
in which in 10 * 10 box small 2*2 box & one triangle ...
sheded area you have to find...
1-18 General (i) Data sufficiency
1. |x-a|=a-x Ans: (c) x<=a
2. There is six letter word VGANDA . How many ways you can arrange the
letters in the word in such a way that both the A's are together.
Ans : 120 (5x4!)
3. If two cards are taken one after another without replacing from
a pack of 52 cards what is the probability for the two cards be
queen. Ans : (4/52)*(3/51) (1/17)*(1/13)
4. 51 x 53 x ... x 59 ; symbols ! - factorial
^ - power of 2
(a) 99!/49! (b) (c) (d) (99! x 25!)/(2^24 x 49! x 51!)
5. The ratio fo Boys to Girls is 6:4. 60% of the boys and 40% of girls
take lunch in the canteen. What % of class takes lunch in canteen.
Ans : 52% (60/100)*60 + (40/100)*40
Data Sufficiency : a) only statement A is sufficent , B is not
b) only statemnet B
c) both are necessary
d) both are not sufficient.
6. X is an integer. Is X dvisible by 5?
A) 2X is divisible by 5.
B) 10X is divisible by 5.
Ans : A)
7. (A) Anna is the tallest girl
(B) Anna is taller than all boys.
(Q) . Is Anna the tallest in the class
Ans : c
8. maths question
9, 10 Analytical
Zulus always speak truth and Hutus always speak lies. There are
three persons A,B&C. A met B and says " I am a Zulu or I am Hutu".
We don't know what exactly he said. then B meets C and says to c
that " A is a Zulu ". Then C replied " No, A is a Hutu ".
9. How many Zulus are there ? Ans 2( check)
10) Who must be a Zulu ? Ans B (check)
A father F has 5 sons, p,q,r,s,t. Not necessarly in this order.
Two are of same age. The eldest and youngest cannot be twins. T is elder
to r and younger to q and s has three older brothers
q) who are the twins? s,t
q) who is the oldest and youngest? q, (s&t)
There are 7 people who take a test among which M is the worst, R is
disqualified, P and S obtain same marks, T scores less than S and Q scores
less than P, N scores higher than every one.
Ans : N P S T Q R M (may be, just check) or N S P T Q R M
C & UNIX
19. What does chmod 654 stand for.
Ans : _rw_r_xr__
20. Which of following is used for back-up files?
(a) compress (b) Tar (c) make (d) all the above Ans : b
21 what does find command do ? Ans : search a file
22. what does " calloc" do?
Ans : A memory allocation and initialising to zero.
23 what does exit() do?
Ans : come out of executing programme.
24. what is the value of 'i'?
Ans : 1
printf("%old %old %old %old ",i, i++,i--,i++);
Ans : check the answer.
26. Using pointer, changing A to B and B to A is Swapping the function
using two address and one temperory variable. a,b are address, t is
temporary variable. How function look like?
Ans : swap(int *, int *, int )
27. In 'o' how are the arguments passed?
ans : by value.
28. Find the prototype of sine function.
Ans : extern double sin(double)
29. Scope of a global variable which is declared as static?
ans : File
30. ASCII problem
ans : 6
32. what is the o/p
printf(" Hello \o is the world ");
Ans : Hello is the world.
33. Clarifying the concept addresses used over array ; ie changing
the address of a base element produces what error?
34. child process -- fork
child shell -- sh
35. Answer are lex 7 yacc & man read these things in UNIX
36. What is
int *p(char (*s))
Ans : p is a function which is returning a pointer to integer
which takes arguments as pointer to array of characters
10 qs were from s/w and 10 from h/w and rest 55 qs were from Aptitude.
Apti qs were analytical and were to be done in 45 min. most of them were of GRE
There were some qs in figures, ie find the next figure
Also find the odd one out, among some figures etc, jumbled words, refer to
some IMS material on non verbal figurative test.
then ther wer paragraph based qs, comprehension qs,
also some qs on suffix and prefix eg
BEG__SIDE is given, 'IN' if filled in the blanks give two words BEGIN and
INSIDE, like that.
Also in my next mail I will be sending some more qs from Cadence paper.
Till then you should prepare throughly for aptitude
1. Inorder and preorder trees (expressions) are given and postorder tree (
expression) is to be found out.
2. int v,u;
while(v != 0)
t = v % u;
v = u;
u = t;
find the time complexity of the above program.
3. x is passed by reference, y passed by value.
x = 3, y = 2;
var integer x, y;
x = x + 2;
y = y + 3;
x = 5;
y = 5;
print (x, y);
output of the above pseudo code.
4. given a grammar, in which some productions of if then else etc were
given. you had to choose one option that can be derived out of the
5. how many flip flops you require for modulo 19 counter.
6. ring counter's initial state is 01000. after how many clock cylces will
it return to the initial state.
7. some boolesn expression of the form x'y'z' + yz + .. ( something like
this) find the simplified expression
8. given 6 bit mantissa in 2s complement form and 4 bit exponent is in
excess-4 form in a floating point representation, find the number
ans -(something) * ( 2 to the power 3)
9. A signed no is stored in 10-bit register, what is the max and min
possible value of the number.
A few apti qs are follows.
10. A room is 30 X 12 X 12. a spider is ont the middle of the samller
wall, 1 feet from the top, and a fly is ont he middle of the opposite wall
1 feet from the bottom. what is the min distance reqd for the spider to
crawl to the fly.
11. A man while going dowm in a escalator(which is miving down) takes 50
steps to reach down and while going up takes 125 steps. If he goes 5 times
faster upwards than downwards. What will be the total no of steps if the
escalator werent moving.
12. 2/3 of corckery(plates) are broken, 1/2 have someother thing(handle)
broken , 1/4 are both broken and handle broken. Ultimately only 2 pieces
of corckery were without any defect. How many crockery were there in
___|___ ___|___ ___|___ |
| | | | | | |
| |__ | |___ | |___ |
|_______| | |_______| |__not_ |_______| | |
| | | |
boxes are negative edge triggered flip flops and 'not' and 'and' are
gates. What is this figure.
It is difficult to draw a figure but another question was in which some
NAND and OR gates were given.
ans - Z = true.