1.a cube object 3” * 3” * 3” is painted with green in all the outer surfaces. If the cube is cut into cubes of 1”*1”*1”, how many 1” cubes will have at least one surface painted.
a. 8 b.26 c.27 d. none ans.b
2. single table tennis tournament is held at IT solutions in which 32 players participated. If a single player is eliminated as soon as the player loses a match. How many matches are required to determine the winner. A. 32 b. 16 c. 31 d. 15 ans.c
3. there are 200 employees in a company. An external vender is chosen to serve coffee twice a day. 100 coffee cups were offered by the company , but as an incentive to have the cups in fact at the end of the day, the company offered 30 paise for every cup remained safely and charged 90 paise for every broken cup. At the end of the day , the vender received RS.24 . how many cups did the vender break.
a. 20 b.5 c.10 d.14 ans.c
4. a box contains 16 balls of 4 different colors green blue yellow &red 4 each. if you were to close your eyes and pick them at random , how many marbles must you take out to be sure that there at least two of one colour among the marbles picked out.
A. 4 b. 5 c. 6 d. 14 ans.d
5. if 8 tyres were used on a bus (6 tyres ) which has traveled 16000 km , how many km did each tyre sustain .if all the tyres were used equally in sustaining this distance .
a. 2000 b.16000 c.12000 d.10000 ans.c
6. a company purchased 3 computer tables in 1995. as the company wanted to renovate the office , sold those tables at RS.2400 each making a profit of 20% of one , no profit on second table and 20%loss on third table. What is the company get in this transaction.
A. no loss no profit b.RS.200 loss c.RS.800profit d. RS.400 loss ans.b
Aà partly true or follows logically.
Bà partly untrue or opposite follows logically .
Cà can’t say anything
The big economic difference between nuclear and fossil fueled power stations is that the nuclear reactors are more expensive to build and decommission, but cheaper to run. So disputes over relatively of the two systems revolved not just around the prizes of coal and uranium today and tomorrow, but also around the way in which the future income should be compared with income.
7. the main difference between nuclear and fossil fueled is an economic one.
A B C
8. the price of coal is not relevant to discussions to about the efficiency of nuclear reactors.
A B C
9. if nuclear reactors were cheaper to build and decommission than fossil fueled power stations, they could definitely have economic advantage.
A B C
At any given moment are being bombarded by physical and psychological stimuli computing for one attention. Although our eyes are capable of handling more than 5 millions of data per sec, our brains are capable of interpreting only about 500 bits per sec. with similar disparities between other senses and brain it is easy to see that select visual, auditory or tactile stimuli that we wish to compute at any specific time.
10.physical stimuli usually win the competition for our attention.
A B C
11.the capacity of human brain is sufficient to interpret nearly all the stimuli the senses can register under optimum condition.
A B C
12.eyes are able to hope with greater input of information than ears.
A B C
15. a farmer owns a square field of side with a pole in one of the corners to which he tied his cow with a rope whose length is about is 10 m . what is the area available for the cow to grace .
A.150 sq.m b.125sq,m c.75sq.m d. not enough data. ans.c
16.the average of x & y is 12.if z=9 what is the average of x ,y, z
a.11 b.6.5 c.5 d. not enough data ans.a
17.in a certain shop note books that normally sell for 59 cents each or on sale at 2 for 99cents.how can be saved by purchasing 10 of these note books at the sale price.
a.$0.85 b.$1.0 c.$0.95 d.$1.15 ans. c
18.the cost in $ of manufacturing x fridges is 9000+400x . the amount received when selling these x fridges is 500x $ , what is the least no of fridges that must be manufactured & sold so that the amount received is at least equal to the manufacturing cost.
a. 10 b.18 c.15 d.90 ans. d
19.the sides of the right triangular field containing the right angle are x &x+10. its area is 5500sq.m.the equation to determine is
a. x(x+10)=5500 b. x(x+10)=2750 c. x(x+10)=11000 d. x(x+20)=5500
20.the length and breadth of a rectangular plot are in the ratio of 7:5. if the length is reduced by 5 m& breadth is increased by 2 m then the area is reduced by 65 sq.m. the length and breadth of the rectangular plot are
a.25,35 b.21,15 c.35,25 d.49,35 ans.c
21. 6 men earn as much as 8 women ,two women earn as much as 3 boys&4 boys earn as much as 5 girls . if a girl earns RS.50 a day then the earning of the man would be
a.115 b.125 c.135 d.150 ans.b
22.a & b can separately do a piece of work in 10 & 15 days respectively. They work together for sometimes and b stops. If a completes the rest of work in 5 days ,then b has worked for
a.5 b.4 c.3 d.2 (days). Ans.c
23.the question using the data from the table
the table had the details of population ,birth per 1000 populations, deaths per 1000 population, percentage of population etc, for different countries.
1. which country had the highest no. of people aged 60 or over
2. how many like births occurred in 1985 in Spain and Italy .Ans C
3. what was the net effect on the UK population of like birth and death rates in 1985. ans B
Next was a quest from the data from the graph
Graph related to production in 1000 of month
Ans: 1.D 2.D 3.C
Then there was a question relative to the diagrams following logical diagrams
From Edward Thorpe
Ans: 30. D 31. B 32. D 33. A 34. B 35. D
A cube obect 3 inch * 3inch*3inch is painted with green in all the outer surfsces . if the cube is cut into cubes of 1*1*1.HOW MANY 1 inch cubes will have atleast one surface painted.
A)8 b)26 c)27 d)none
2)singles table tennis tournament is held at IT sloutions, in which 32 players participated. If a player is eliminated as soon as the player loses a match, how many matches are required to determine the winner.
A)8 b)26 c)27 d)none
3)there are 200 employes in a company. An external vendor is chosen to serve coffe twice a day. 100 coffe cups were offerred by the company but as an incentive to have the cups in tact at the end of the day the company offered 30 paise for every cup remained safely and charged 90 paise for every broken cup. At an end of a day, the vendor received rs 4. How many cups did the vendor break.
A)20 b)5 c)10 d)8
4)a box contains 16 balls of 4 different colors green, blue,yellow and red –4 each. If you were to close your eyes and pick them at random, how many marbles must you take out to be sure that at atleast 2 of 1 color among the marbles picked out.
A)4 b)5 c)6 d)14
5) if 8 tyres were used on a bus (6 tyres) which has traveled 16000 km how many km did each tyre sustain ,if all the tyres were used equally in sustaining this distance.
A)2000 b)16000 c)12000 d)10000
A company purchased 3 computer tables in 1995. As the company wanted to renovate the office, sold these tables at Rs 2400 each making a profit of 20% on one. No profit on 2nd table and 20% loss on 3rd table . what is the company get in this transaction
. A) no loss no profit b) Rs 200 loss c) Rs 800 loss d)Rs 400 loss
A software comp was advertised to recruit people with exposure to c and c++. 241 application were received and on sorting out it was found that 40 of them don’t have exposure to c and c++. 180 of them had exposure to c and 186 of them had exposure to c++ .how many of them had exposure to c only
A)165 b)15 c)180 d)150
A fraction has the denominator greater than its numerator by 4 but if you add 10 to the denominator the value of the fraction is 1\8
A) 1\3 B) 1\5 C) 3\7 D)2\6
A farmer owns a square land of 15m each side with a pole in one of the corner to which he tied his cow with a rope of length 10m. find area to the cow to grass (assume pi=3)
A)150 SQ.M B)125 C)75 D) DATA MISSING
Avg of x & y is 12 if z is 9 what is the avg of x, y, z
A)11b)6.5 c)5 d) data missing
In a certain shop note books that normally selled for 59 cents each are on sale at 2 for 99 cents. How much can be saved by purchasing 10 of this note books at the sale place
A)$0.85 B)$1 C)$0.95 D)$1.15
The sides of a right angle triangular flied containing the right angle are x and x+10( in metres) its area is 5500 sq.m the eqution to x is
A)X*(X+10)=5500 B) X*(X+10)=2750 C) X*(X+10)=11000 D)X*(X+20)=5500
THE LENGTH AND BREATH of rectangle plot in ratio 7:5 if l reduced by 5m and b increased by 2m then area increased by 65 sqm l & b of rectangle plot are
A) 25.,35 B)21,15 C)35,25 D)49,35
If the metallic sphere of radii 8cm 6cm 10 cm are melted to form a single sphere then the radius of the sphere is
12.5 12 11 14
The following is a data interpretation problem it is a table with a population in diff countries in 1985 there are 3 quest
ans are 1.A) UK
3.B) INC OF 84900
graph problem on production of 30mm screws contains 3 quest
2.D) NO CHANGE
Diagrammatic series contains 6 questions
this is logical reasoning there are 6 quest
for nuclear and fossil fuel…….
Ans 1.B 2.A 3.A
PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL.
ANS 1.C 2.B(check) 3.C
CONTENTS OF THE PAPER:
D)MATCHING THE FIGURE
WHILE WRITING THE PAPER, FOLLOW THE SAME ORDER. THE LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
VARIES ACCORDINGLY. THE TEST WAS FOLLOWED BY 'GD' AND THEN INTERVIEW.
HERE, I HAVE SOME Q'S AND SOME ANS. SO! GO AHEAD!!
1) select atleast two male and two female from the following
A B C ...> MALE
D E F G ..> FEMALE
followed by some conditions
2) A works for 'some' days, B works for ... days.
ANS: 6 days
3) ROSES .... ANS: 2
4) SOCKS ..... ANS: 14
5) RECTANGALE ... AREA INCREASES .. ANS: 35,25
6) DICE PROBLEM ..... OPPOSITION OF 4 SIDES
7) WHAT IS THE AGE OF 'X'?
ANS: 48 (TOTAL AGE IS 144)
8) COMMON No. DIVISIBLE BY 2, 4,5,7,,6, ...
9) CAR PARKING PROBLEM ..(SEE 'WIPRO' PAPER!)
10) 78% of students, 30% of students....
How many said more than 1????
DATE INTERPRETATION:(QUITE EASY)
11) GREATER OF X AND Y
XY=5 AND X/Y=2
12) 2 DIGITS A & B WHERE DIG>9
A)THE DIGIT IS MULTIPLE OF 19
13) 6 BUT 6 BUT 6 BUT.....
STUDY THESE TOPICS FROM R.S.AGARWAL
TIME AND WORK
PIPES AND CIRSTEINS
SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES
GROUP DISSCUSSION TOPICS:
A) BRAIN DRAIN
B) BEAUTY PEAGENT
C) COMUNICATION SKILLS
D) EXAM HAS KILLED THE EDUCATION
E) BORDERLESS WORLD: A DREAM OR REALITY
F) QUALITY IS A MYTH IN INDIA
G) SUCCESS IN HUMAN RELATIONS
H) SPORTS OF INDIA
STUDY C,C++, ADVANCED C,
DATA STRUCTURES IN C
1) What do you think, was the edge in your career being a techian???
2) What do you opine regarding the management skills for an engineer??
3)As per the nature of your job, what do you think are the additional
features that you could have covered when you were a B.E. graduate???
4) How does the current IT situation differ from the one that you had
thought of as a novice???
5) Does the Academic performance have any relevance on your career as a
6) How does an engineering graduate belonging to another stream cope up
with the knowledge acquired by a Computer science student in the long
7) Its a general convention that an IT proffessional views his peer as
a mere competetor- Comment on this.
8)Whats your view on the instability of a software engineer???
TIME AND WORK
PIPES AND CIRSTEINS
SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES