CTS PAPER ON 9th JUNE
CTS PAPER ON 9th JUNE
I am Padmini from Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering. My branch is ECE. CTS visited our college on 9th June, 2007. Almost 700 people attended the written test ,out of which 215 people got through.Then there was a technical cum HR round. Finally 86 people got placed in CTS.
The interview process is as follows:
First you need to fill some details like
1. Marks in SSC , intermediate, B.Tech (semester wise)
3. Strengths and weaknesses
5. Short-term and Long-term goals
6. What qualities do u think a good software engineer should possess?
The written conducted by ‘Merit Trac’ consisted of 3 sections
1. 5 questions on Venn Diagrams.
The question is as follows
Out of 69 people , 22 people had a special hair-do. The number of people who had a facial were equal to the number of people who had lipstick. Only 1 had all the three. 16 had only special hair-do and facial. 4 had only special hair-do and lipstick.3 had only facial and lipstick.
a. How many people had facial ? Ans:36
b. How many people had special hair-do only? Ans:1
c. How many people had lipstick only? Ans:28
d. How many people had facial only? Ans:16
e. How many people at least 2? Ans:24
2. There was a simple puzzle and 5 questions followed it. (Refer Verbal and nonverbal by R.S.Agarwal)
3. 5 questions on data sufficiency.
4. 5 questions on cubes.
5.‘ If ‘$’ represents 1 and ‘*’ represents 0. The value multiplies by 2 if 1 shifts to the left by one position ‘. (i.e It is binary)
Ex: 4 in terms of $ and * (100) is represented as $**
LCM (3,5) in terms of $ and *
$$** - $*$* = what number in decimal for
It consisted of 2 RC’s and 5-6 questions on identification of correct sentences. 5 questions on jumbling of sentences
5 questions on SYLLOGISMS.
5 questions on odd man out
5 questions on ‘ next figure in the sequence’ (Refer R.S.Agarwal)
Technical cum HR interview
The person who interviewed me was very amicable. He asked me the following questions :
1. Introduce yourself.
2. If ab=1 and bc=1 , then what is the value of abc. ( I said that a specific value does not exist because there are many sets which satisty ab=bc=1)
4. Difference between a gate and a flip-flop.
6. What do u know about Master Slave?
7. Difference between analog and digital.
8. Is voice signal analog ?
9. What are your expectations from CTS?
10. Are u ready to work anywhere?
Then asked me whether I would like to ask him any questions. Then I asked him where would the training be held and what is the duration of the training.
If you are comfortable with your basic concepts , then u can answer the technical questions easily. The results were announced at 10:00 pm and I got selected.
Be confident and don’t get tensed. Have faith in God.
ALL THE BEST . C U SOON IN COGNIZANT….