Aptitude test :
60Qs Time 1 hr
Diameter of circle is d, Find length of string.(outer string that covers the circle)
Ans: d (pi + 3)
2) Diamond\’s value is proportional to its weight2 .When the diamond broke wts of pieces in ratio 1:2:3:4:5. Total loss in value is Rs. 85,000.What is the value of the diamond twice the wt of the original diamond.
Ans: Rs. 45,000
3)Person X join a job at 20 yrs.First 3 years, salary is Rs. 10,000 p.a. Afterwards every year, there is an increment of Rs. 2,000 per year for 10 year. Then salary becomes constant till retirement. At retirement average Salary throughout his career is Rs. 25,000. What age he retires?
4)In an island there r tribals who speak lang of atmost 4 words.Lang consists of 4 alphabets.How many words can be formed in that language?
5) It was found that the cause for the malaria was the swamp marsh and so r swamps were drained .Mosquito the real cause for malaria due to lack of breeding grounds (Swamps) also was wiped out. What does this illustrate?
6)An officer kept files on his table at various times in the order 1,2,3,4,5,6 .Typist can take file from top whenever she has time and type it.What order she cann’t type.?
Ans : 4,5,6,2,3,1.
7)A and B r fighting .B fires 3 times as many missiles as A. Total hits: total misses = 1/7 .B’s misses 357.B’s hits – A’s hits = 66.A’s hits?
8)Sam took 40 shots. He got 50p for a hit.But he has to give 10p for a miss. At last,he has Rs.5. How many hits?
9)Find average of a,b,c,d,e. Given data :
i> Average of any 4 numbers = Average of any 3 numbers
ii> (a+b)² = 36
Which of the above are sufficient?
10) What is the difference in times between clock 1 & clock 2.
i> Both show same time 6 hours back.
ii> Clock 1 gains 1 minute each hour, clock 2 gains 2 minutes each hour.
11) A takes 9 strides to B’s 7 strides. A stride = 1meter.B stride = 1.2m. B gets the start of 24m. What distance should A travel to overtake B?
12) Tortoise gets 100 m head start. Hare is 10 times faster as tort. What is the distance traveled by hare to catch up tort.?
13)4 weights r weighed in pairs. Weights of pairs are determined as 103,105,106,106,107,109 What is the minimum weight?
14) Constant cost is Rs. 300 and per book cost is Rs. 1.75. How many copies should a person sell at Rs. 7.75 per copy to make a profit.
Find the perimeter ?
16) Average of 20 members is 10.5 yr. Three members of 11.5,12.5,13.5 years left and three new members of 10.5,12.5,14.5 years joined along with a teacher of 21 yr. What is the Average age of the group now?
Find the area of shaded. Radius of circle = 1cm. Arcs are drawn with center at circumference.
Find the area of the shaded portion?
19) Solid cube of 6 * 6 * 6. This cube is cut into to 216 small cubes.(1 * 1 * 1).the big cube is painted in all its faces. Then how many of cubes are painted at least 2 sides.
20) A Bacteria is doubling at every 4 min. After 40 min 1024 bacterias. Then, after how many minutes, there will be 256 bacterias?
Ans: 32 minutes
21) A bag contains 3 balls of 11 different colors each. Find the min no of chances to find at least 3 balls of same color?
22) If x² < 4 then 100/x is….?
Ans : 100/x > 50 & 100/x < -50.
23) If [x] is the int less than x and |x| is the abs val of x.Then max of [x]/|x| is....
Ans: d) None
24) A work in 12 days b in 15 days. Find the no of days if they work on alternate days.
Ans: 13 ¼
25) A,B,C r positive int.Out of them 2 r odd. Then 5²a + ( b-5)3 (c-3)² = ?
Ans: Always odd
26) A squarer side is 5cm.If a square of side 10cm is hinged at the center of the previous square. When they are rotated, the common area to both squares,....
Ans: Does not change
27)3p² + pq + 5q² is even. If
a)If p is odd, q is odd
b)If p is even, q is odd
c)If p is odd ,p is even
d)At least one of p and q is odd.
Choices are given.
28)A lady has to feed a dog for the one week from Monday to Sunday .She has food types M,N,O,P,Q,R,S .
MNOP àre protein enriched.
RS àre vitamin enriched.
Vitamin enriched cannot be fed on consecutive days.
M should be fed before S.
M should be fed before Q.
R Should be fed before S.
Before N and Q there should be four types.
Based on these, three easy questions were asked.
29) A man bought at the cost of 5 plums a rupee and 2 oranges a rupee.He sells 10 plums and 6 oranges at the selling price of 4 plums a rupee and 3 oranges a rupee.What is his gain or loss?
Ans: Loss of 50p.
30) Out of 32 books the cost of 10 books is Rs. 50 each and he got a profit of 4%. He sells 15 books at a profit of 3.8461% on the selling price of Rs 70. The remaining cost is 576. The remaining books are sold at Rs 74. What is his total profit?
31) Two solutions have milk & water in the ratio 7:5 and 6:11. Find the proportion in which these two solutions should b e mixed, so that the resulting solution has 1 part milk and 2 parts water?
c) Not possible
1.Train A starts from station A at 11.am.Train B starts from station B at 12 noon.the speed of train A is 4 kmph,train B is 1 kmph for the first hour,2 kmph for the 2nd hour,3 kmph for the 3rd hour etc. At what time do the two trains meet?
Ans: 2 PM
2.There is a coin collection.100 coins in all.4 peopke collect coins.Each collects a minimum of 10 coins.and each has different number of coins.the numbers are even.
Based on these, four easy questions were asked.
3.Moped problem based on time and distance.
4.Find the number of integers divisible by either 3 and 12 from 1 to 999.
5.Find the number of integers divisible by either 3 or 2 from 100 to 200 including both.
6.There is a cube of side 4 cm.The faces are coloured in red.the cube is cut into pieces of size 1 cm.How many cubes have no colour.
7.There are 80 coins.One coin is counterfeit in weight.How many minimum weighings are required to find out the counterfeit coin?
8.There are 31 kgs of rice .With a 1 kg weight,Find out the minimum number of weighings required to weigh 31 kgs.
9. There are four contestants in a beauty contest.they are Ms.UP,Ms. MP, Ms.AP and Ms.WB. Each is wearing a different colour saree (red,blue,green and white).They are seated in a row.The winner and runner are not sitting near each other. Ms.WB is neither the winner nor the runner. The green and white saree contestans are sitting in either end and the green color saree contestant is the runner up.
Based on these, four easy questions were asked.
10. There is a pack of cards. Find the sum of integers excluding all the picture cards.
11.Two questions based on figure. Given at the end.
12.There are 2 cars moving in opposite directions.the distance between them is 300cm.They move forward for 100cm with a speed of 50 cm/s,and omes back 50 cms at 25cm/s. After how many seconds will the cars collide?
13) There is a room with 12 slots for painting. The details about the paintings are as follows:
18th century paintings - 3
19th century paintings - 2
20th century paintings - 4
Make up a sequence so that the paintings may be arranged with the following rules.
1) The 5th slot is always empty.
2) There must be an empty slot between paintings of different groups (century).
3) The paintings of the same group can be placed together.
A set of questions were asked with the pattern that was framed.
14) Find the area of the square which is covered by the circle. The area is 1/3 area of the square. Find the side of the square.
Find the total number of squares.