1. like 3 consecutive prime adds to some no what is
ans: both 49 and 59.
2. one persont travlled 4 laps with the speed of
10,20,40 ( or 30) and 60 kmph
and what is the average speed.
ans: 20 (sure)
IBM Latest Fresher Engineer Placement Sample Question Paper 5
3.like one student takes 20 mins if he go with speed
15kmph and at what speed he
should go to reach in 15 mins ( nos are not same)
ans: 16kmph( but not sure)
4. there are 2 type of people group 'yes' who always
says yes ( they never say 'no') if they are not
sure about they will remain sailent. and other grou
name 'no' where the group of people always say 'no'
if they are not sure they
will remain silent.
now quetions are
1) what will be the answer if i ask are u belong to
options are: they remain silent ,say yes, say no,
either yes or no, can't
2) same quetion but if i ask are u belong to group
answers for both above quetions are not ( not
3) what will the other person say if ask are u
belong to grou 'yes'
there were 5 quetions first 4 u can do it last one
little bit tough.
spend some time on this u can do it.
9.like from height of 8 mts on ball fell down and each
time it bounces half the
distnace back. so what will be the distance
ans: 24 (sure) like 8+4+4+2+2+1+1+0.5+0.5+ and etc
answer is not 20
10.like 6 cubes are arranged adjacentlay and given
the perimeter and aksed to
find the perimeter of one cube.
ans: if x is the total perimeter then (x/14)*4 leads
to the answer.
but check it once u will be having plenty of time.
answer is 52 (13*4)
11. some data is given like this 10kmph in still water
ship took some x mins and downstream
some y mins in same time
what is the stream value .... (q is not exat)
ans: 3 (not sure)
12.some average problem like 16 students average
weight and teacher joins them ....
ans: 23 (sure) do this (16x+40)/(x+1) will give
13. some probelm on square like to increase area by
69% by what percent side should be
ans: square root of 169 i.e 13 ( not sure)
14. no of rational nos b/w 0 and 5
15. First day of 1999 is sunday what day is the last
16.bullets probel some x no of bullets are shared by 3
people equally . and each fired
4 bullets then the sum of remaining bullets is
equal to intially divsion value
ans: 18 (sure)
17. bread problem, one come and eat half no of breads
ans: 63( check it)
18. like A can do in 6 day and B can do in 8 and C can
do in 12 days but b left after working for 6 days for
how many no of day A and C shluld work
ans: 11( i dont think so this is correct)
1. what is vector processing
ans: i dont no
2. what is data integrity
ans: option a ( like the range of values is defined
by data integrity)
3.which topology takes minimum wiring
options: star,bus,ring and complete etc
ans: find it from network text book ( may be bus or
4.best sorting if elements are already sorted
ans: insertion sort(sure)
5.software configuration management -----
ans: option a ( but check it from SE text book there
are only 2 confusing answers)
6.In network the packers are flowing unnecessarly what
is the way to control
it and ....
options: SNMP, and some i dont remember.
7.some octal no to decimal conversion
for given octal no the last digit was 7
ans: the option a ( the decimal last digit was 1)
8.x-=y+1 is equivalant to
ans: x=x-y-1 (sure) because it is interpreted as
9. in a student form what is the relationship b/w
student and course
ans: actually it is many to one but they specified
in a student form
so think and write.
10.which is correct to append the ouput of ls and who
to some file x.
ans:(who;ls)>>x (check it)
11.what is trigger in DBMS (know what it will do)
12.what happens when we open a file in r+ mode
like whether file will be created if it s not there
can we write to file ...
13. what is ROM
ans: it contains boot up program and it is not
that was one answer and anothe option was
it is non volatile ( choose one among these 2)
14. what is int (*a)
ans: pointer to an array of 4 integer (check it)
15. primary key of anothe table is present and so
ans: foreign key
16. what is the diffirenece b/w 0123 and 123 in c?
17. which among the devices is spooled device
18. if u get error in adapter which device will u use?
ans: contact electronics student.
one of the option was voltometer.
19. which is the real time application
it depends upon the Panel
be perfect with u'r mini project.
1. why 2+2 is 4 why not 5.
ans: assume u took 2 apples from A and 2 more
apples from B and assume u are having 5
and give 2 to X and give 2 more to Y then
nothing will be with u i.e u lossed.
(give some answers but dont say that it is
like that only )
2.how may stones did hanuman thowned on lanka? (
diffirent but of same type)
and one more how many trees are there in u'r campus
dont say i dont no
say some no for ex 1000 and say i.e correct . they
wont say any thing for that
because it is not possible to disprove that .
3. why IBM
1. what does vector processing do?
2. What is the use of software configuration management?
3. what command is used to append two files using who that is listed by ls;
4. if there is a problem in a network during transmission which is used to detect that?
a.protocol anaylzer, b. SNMP....
5. In C, x-=y+1 how will u represent it..
6. What does Trigger do?
7. In which topology we use less amount of cables.
ring, bus, star,mesh.....
8. Which sorting techniques is best for already sorted array...?.
ans: bubble sort
9. Which is said to be a realtime system.?
1. credit card systen
2 online flight reservation system
3 bridge control systen...not sure
10. decimal to octal conversion problem?ans A
11. A person having a/c number, a/c name,bank name, a/c type.. which is the primary among the above?
12. why data integrity is used?
13. if a primary key is an attribute of another one table means........
1 candidate key
2 foreign kryey
14. int (*a). Explain this expression
15. Difference between 0123 and 123 in c
ans : 40
16, in c r+ is used for
1 read only
2 writing only
3 both 1 and 2
1. which 3 consequtive prime numbers gives the total
ans: 49 (13,17,19)
2. Rational numbers between 1 and 5
3.If boat travels in 10km/hr in still water. it travels 14kmhr in upstream and 26km/hr downstream what is speed of stream?
4. .A cube of 3 unit has 6 surface is painted.If u cut the cube of 1 unit each how many cubes remain unpainted on all sides.
5 one questions in profit and loss
a person sold an article at Rs.141 at 6% loss,to gain a profit of 10% at what price the article should be sold.
6. If person 20 min at 12 kmph. then how many Kmph in 15 minutes
7. Three person shared bullets equally. 4 were shot total no of bullets remainin is equal to the no of bullets initially divided
ans : 18
8.1st day of the year 1999 is sunday and what will be last day of the same year
9. 4 thieves entere a bakery and stoled bread one after the other.Each one took half of the total number of breads+half a loaf.If 3 breads were remaining what is the total number of breads.
10. If a ball is dropped from 8ft and it bounces half the height each time. Then the total distance travelled
11. 6 squares of equal size are placed side by side to form a rectangle whose perimeter is 182. find the perimeter of the single square.
12.the average age of students in a class is 16.when a teacher of age 40 is added , the average becoems 17. what is the total number of students
IBM Latest paper
There are 2 sections Aptitude and Technical .
Each Comprises of 20 qs
1)two clocks meet at 12.Next time they meet again
2)Soldiers form a square .Initially 32 soldiers
left.Then 8 .After they could not form a square.Total
at the beginning
3)Age of Grandfather is the ages of 4 grandchildren
where their ages are in consective.Find the age of GF
I think 72
4)3 person waiting for the train Some conditions
given.Finally they ask the time.Ans is 4.37
5)Some Squirrel qs where it covers 1/4 th distance
then 1/2 i couldnt remember
6)if mpown=121.Then m-1pown+1 is 1000
7)if speed in the ratio 5:4:3 then the time taken to
cover the same distance is
8)20men construct a wall 56m in some days similar one
ans 49 (check aggarwal)
char *p=(char *)10
Running time of 8T(n/2)+q is ncube
Scope of static and automatic var 2qs
nodes in binary tree of length 4 is 15(2pown -1)
how to convert 2d array to single dimension
1.convering a row 2 colunm 3 or both in to o's
comments-for documentaion or it increases file size
like that.u have toi choose the correct one
Technical qs are bit tricky..