INFOSYS PAPER ON 17th JULY MJCET , HYDERABAD
Hello friends , this is harsha tumuluri, i would like to thank all the students who gave their suggestions at the frehshersworld.com....we had our infosys campus placement today at Muffakham jah college of engg and technology , it was an oncampus for us....
At first the pre placement talk will be given , please do listen to that carefully and if possible jot down some necessary points...i would rather suggest u to learn about the history of inofosys from the wikipedia.org or u can go to the infosys website....
After the preplacement talk we were asked to fill up the forms , the details of that will be given by the ppl over there...but do fill ur %'s correctly as they may later on verify and they even take the signature from u stating that all the data written on that form is true...
QUANTITATIVE EXAM: 30 questions 40 minutes
1) The quant paper was average , the first question was a shocker and it was a big paragraph in which a question related to the card game "flash"
was asked(sorry i dont remember)
2) Questions 5 to 10 were on the figures , 3 figures will be given and u have to spot the next figure.
U can get these questions from classifications chapter in R S Agarwal(non verbal reasoning)
3) Questions 10-15 were on data sufficiency(RS Agarwal section 1 verbal and non verbal)
4) Questions 15-20 were on data interpretation ,some pie chart was given and questions were asked on that.(data interpretation RS agarwal
quantitative aptitude book)
5) Questions 20-25 were on questions like u need to contruct a table and fill in the date to answer such question.(I would suggest u to do the
entire puzzle test chapter in the RS agarwal verbal n non verbal reasoning book perfectly)
6) Questions 25-30 were syllogisms, they were not the regular syllogism's like 2 statements will be given and u need to derive a conclusion , 6
statements were given and u need to find out the corect combination of the sentences which form a sense.
These type of problems can be found in RS agrawal(verbal n non verbal ssection 2 -logic) do all of them.
Blood relations,number ranking sequence ,series , cubes and dices are very important although they were not asked for us....
ENGLISH EXAM: 40 questions 30 mins
If ur basics are strong then no need to go through any books , yeah but if u want to have practice then try to solve the problems of wren and martin grammer n composition
(prepositions, tenses,direct and indirect speech,conditions statements)
2 RC's will be given , dont start with this , time will not be sufficient...
start with other sections like sentence corection(10 Q's) , fill with appropriate word (10 Q's), deriving conclusion from the passages(10 Q's).
some people wuld suggest to solve CAT problems for this but i personally feel that the questions given were not even close to the CAT standard....they were very simple.
But yeah u can go thru the correct usage of the tenses and prepostions from the CAT material...
We waited for 2 hrs and after that the results were declared , i was shortlisted..
Try to stay very cool and calm , i know that it is very tough but just try to b e relaxed. Don't panic b4 the interviewer , just consider them as ur frends or consider him as a person who doesnt know anything and u are explaining to him!! Keep smiling and be confident , they look at ur confidence....They will have a look at ur resume and then ask questions from them , will give u a sheet of paper in which there will be 5 topics u have to choose one and speak on that topic , one real time problem will be given and how do u face that...and finally puzzles will be asked..
be prepared with topics like IT companies growth , which sectors in india are considered to develop in the next few years....If u have organized any event then they will ask u about that event n the difficulties faced in that event and how did u overcome it?? few puzzles will be given like
1)how can u make 5 one rupee coins to touch each other...every coin shud touch the other 4 coins...
2) U are given a 3 containers 20 liters , 5 liters and 3 liters and the 20 litre can is full of milk , u need to get 4 liters of milk somehow by using all the containers..
3) 6 match sticks will be given u need to contruct a structure such that it has 4 equilateral triangles...ans is contruct a pyramid with base as triangle
Guys be careful about ur hobbies , one of my frends said that his hobby was volleyball and immediately the HR person asked doubts like what is the weight of the ball , dimentions of the court and height of net etc.....the interviewer is just trying to annoy u by asking these questions , dont panic and say confidently that u dont know!
or else u learn every thing about ur hobbies....I am a fan of tennis so b4 going to the interview i learned that weight of the tennis ball is 57g and height of the net is 36 inches in the middle and 42 at the ends , the different courts and etc....
go to wikipedia.org to find out more information
ALL THE BEST GUYS , I GUESS THE DATA ABOVE WILL BE HELPFULL TO U .....thank u