1. A farmer sold two of his cows for 210/-. He sold one cow at a profit of 10% and other for a loss of 10%.
Totally he gained 5% on selling both the cows.What is the original cost of each cow?150 & 50
2. A train which travels at a uniform speed due to some mechanical fault after traveling for an hour goes at 3/5th of
the original speed and reaches the destination 2 hrs late.If the fault had occurred after traveling another 50 miles
the train would have reached 40 min earlier. What is distance between the two stations?300
3. Three friends A,B,C .Each have a hat and a bicycle. But every one wears hat of one friend and rides bicycle of
another. If one wears Cís hat and rides Bís cycle. Who will ride Aís cycle?c
4. Fill the series
5. Socks of two colours of same no in a box.------
6. Four frns belonging to four different families preparing fruit salads with fruits apple,grapes,bananas and
cherries.Each uses only 3 fruits and no two uses same combn.Four questions were asked based on above data.
7. Husband says to wife if we sell 75 of our chickens the feed will be there for xtra 20 days and if we buy 100
chickens xtra the feed will be over 15 days sooner.Then find the no of chickens they have?
8. A problem on watch,husband watch gains 1min every hr and wife watch looses 2min/hr
By seeing the watch running slow they almost missed an function by visiting function 1hr late. Then when was
both the watches set to correct time?
9. Some condns given find the day of the week .Only 1 condn is true out of 6 given.We have to find the correct
10. First names of four friends given.One guy cuts 2feet logs ,other 1 Ĺ logs and the other 1 feet logs to Ĺ feet. No
of pieces cut by each guy( second names given) were given some 26,27,28. first name of the guy
who broke 27 logs of Ĺ feet each has to be found.
1. A man brought some watermelons to town and sold them. he sold 1/2 more than 1/2 of what he brought and
e was left with one melon. how many melons did he bring to town?
2. When u reverse the digits of age of father u will get the age of son. one year ago the age of father was
twice that of son's age. what are the current ages of father and son?
ans: 73 & 37
3. There will be four friends ,one is doctor, one is lawyer... they are having four cars one ferrari,
corvette .... there were some conditions and we were suppose to find what is profession of each one and
what car they own. this was the one for 8 marks.
4. There is a circular ring in which there are 12 black mice and one white mice . a cat walks circularly
in the ring and eats every 12th mice. where should the cat start so that the white mice is the last one to be
eaten by cat?
ans: if the cat moves circularly it has to start from the 11th mice (clockwise) w.r.t. to white one.
5. A farmer grows four types of crops say W,X,Y & Z . two conditions were given:
1. If the farmer grows crop W in a year then also grows X that year
2. If the farmer grows crop Z one year then he never grows crop Y next year
There were 6 choices among which we were suppose to find one correct one which does not violate the two
conditions the choices were some thing like:( first pair denotes crops grown first year and second after
semicolon represents crops grown next year) W,X ; X,Z (this one is a valid one)
Ans: I donít remember the choices but the ans was option C Freshersworld.com
6. In a class there are less than 500 students . when it is divided by 3 it gives a whole number. similarly
when it is divided by 4,5 or 7 gives a whole number. find the no. of students in the class
7. There are three types of birds A,B & C . A costs 5pounds, B costs 3 Pounds and C costs 1/3 of a pound.
find the no. of A,B &C such that u will get 100 birds for 100 pounds. (I think we were suppose to find 3
answers since there were 3 rows in the answer)
ans: A : 4 B : 18 C: 78
8. There are 5 persons who have won top five places in an event in Olympics . one of them asks all the five
regarding thier positions, they reply as
a: "i am not the last"
b: "c is in third place"
c: "E is behind A"
d: "B is in first place"
e: "D is not the first"
The persons who have won gold and silver have lied find the positions in order(format: name of first,
name of second,..)
9. A coffee seller has two types of coffee Brand A costing 5 bits per pound and Brand B costing 3 bits
per pound. he mixes two brands to get a 40 pound mixture. he sold this at 6 bits per pound. the seller
gets a profit of 33 1/2 percent. how much he has used Brand A in the mixture?
ans: 30 pounds
10. (I donít remember since i couldnít answer this)
Interview was very cool. only thing is that they will see ur confidence and way of thinking. they also asked
me two reasoning problems .
* Tell abt ur self
* What is ur strength?
* What are the initiatives u have taken to learn apart from ur regular studies?
* What were u doing till now?
* Have u organized any event in ur college? was the
* Event held for the first time at ur college?
* what do u think is a major failure in ur life which always haunts u ?
* Since i was born and brought up in city outside Bangalore they asked me whether i was comfortable
working anywhere in India.
1. You are given with two identical iron bars. one of them is magnetized and the other is not. u are suppose
to find which one is magnetized. u are not suppose to use any other thing.
my ans: first time i told that i will suspend the bars freely. but then they told me that i am not suppose to
use any external help. i took some time and then realized that a magnetic bar in the middle repels
towards the end . i told that place one of the bars horizontal & then move the other one perpendicularly
to it . if it repels towards any of ends then the horizontal one is magnetized if it attracts then is
not. They were convinced
2: What is the result of (x-a)*(x-b)*(x-c)*...........*(x-y)*(x-z) ? my ans: i told that since there is a term (x-x) the
answer is zero. They told ok. finally they asked me whether i have any questions to them i asked them what is
the duration of training and what is field which i will be working on if i get selected.
Anyone looking for infi solve Shakuntala devi's 2 books, George summers and Ravi narula this would me
more than enough. most important thing is develop ur logical analysis skill and try to remember the
approach rather than answers. donít panic in the interview just be cool and confident u will definitely
get through. Best of luck for all