1. In the month of october in a year has exactly four mondays and four fridays, find what day of week wiil be on the 20th of November of that year.
Ans: 20th November was a wednesday.
2. Six persons A,B,C,D,E & F went to solider cinima. There are six conseutive seats. A sits in one of the seats followed by B, followed by C and soon. If a taken one of the six seats , then B should sit adjacent to A. C should sit adjacent A or B. D should sit adjacent to A, B,or C and soon. How many possibilities are there?
Ans: 32 ways.
3. (i) If alpha = gamma then beta is not = epsilon.
(ii) If alpha - beta = beta - gamma then alpha >gamma.
(iii) Alpha > gamma > theta, write all the five in descending order.
4. In mathematica country 1,2,3,4....,8,9 are nine cities. Cities which form a no. that is divisible by 3 are connected by air planes. (e.g. cities 1 & 2 form no. 12 which divisible by 3 then 1 is connected to city 2). Find the total no. of ways you can go to 8 if you are allowed to break the journies.
5. ABCDE are sisters. Each of them gives 4 gifts and each receives 4 gifts No two sisters give the same combination ( e.g. if A gives 4 gifts to B then no other sisters can give four to other one.)
(i) B gives four to A.
(ii) C gives 3 to E.
How much did A,B,C,E give to D?
Ans: Donor no of gifts A 1 B - C 1 D 2
6. There are some bulbs,which are numbered from 1 to 100.all the bulbs are in on conditions. The following operations are performed:-
1. Those bulbs number which are divisible by 2 are switched OFF.
2. Those bulbs numbered which are divisible by 3 are switched ON (which are already OFF) and OFF bulbs are switched ON.
3. Similarly bulbs numbers divisible by 4 are either switched ON or OFF depending upon there previous condition.
4. This procedure is adopted till 100th bulb.
At the end there were how many bulbs which were in ON condition?
Ans: 10 ( only perfect squares ).
7. There are different numbers related with A,B,C,D,E.such that, AB*CD=EEE. E*CD-AB=CC.
8. Find the total no of 10 digits whose sum is 4.
9.Four musician problem(refer GRE BARRONS).
10.GRE BARRONS problem --> Problem number 25 to 28 page no. 4.
11. Logical reasoning tactics practice puzzle poetry.
1) Henny, Axie, Amie are friends. Conditions:-
a) Herry or Axies is the oldest.
b)If Axie is the oldest, Amie is the youngest.
Who is the youngest & who is the oldest?
Ans: Amie is the youngest, Axie is oldest.
2) A, B, C are 3 girls and there are 770 Apples. For every 4 Apples, A takes,B takes 3. For ever 6 Apples, C takes 7 Apples?
3) T, U, V are 3 friends digging groups in fields. If T & U can complete i groove in 4 days &, U & V can complete 1 groove in 3 days & V & T can complete in 2 days. Find how many days each takes to complete 1 groove individually.
Ans: 24 days.
4) 4 mathematician has x apples. If he arranges them in rows of 3 one will be left. The same is the case with 5,7,9 apples. But when he arranged them in rows of 11, non will be left. Find the no. of apples.
Ans: 946. (Hint: 11*6 11*11 11*16 11*21 =2E......11*76 =3D946).
5) H starts running after T reaches 1/5th they must when H reach 1/6th, if H wants win at what speed H should be run? Note: One circle is there, you show this type of problem.
6) There are 4 monthers, 4 daughters and the colour of their dresses, and they are aged 1, 2, 3 & 4. Details of the dresses are given & then it asked about the remaining dresses.
7) There are 5 levels of dolls and each of different colors & condition are given. Note: This type of problem also refer.
8) 5 student A, B, C, D, E. One student knows 5 languages. Like that up to one langauge. Conditions:-
*) Spanish is most popular langauge.
*) 3 persons knows Porchigese.
*) B & C normally speak English, but when D gathered, they switched to Spanish because that is only common between the three.
*) Only langauge common between A, B, E is French.
*) Only langauge common between C & E is Italian.
No. of candidates appeared : 220.
For the Interview : 90.
1. An escalator is descending at constant speed. A walks down and takes 50 steps to reach the bottom. B runs down and takes 90 steps in the same time as A takes 10 steps. How many steps are visible when the escalator is not operating.
2. Every day a cyclist meets a train at a particular crossing. The road is straignt before the crossing and both are travelling in the same direction. Cyclist travels with a speed of 10 Kmph. One day the cyclist comes late by 25 min. and meets the train 5km before the crossing. What is the speed of the train.
3. Five persons muckerjee, misra, iyer, patil and sharma, all take then first or middle names in the full names. There are 4 persons having first or middle name of kumar, 3 persons with mohan, 2 persons with dev and 1 anil.
-- Either mukherjee and patil have a first or middle name of dev or misra and iyer have their first or middle name of dev.
-- Of mukherkjee and misre, either both of them have a first or middle name of mohan or neither have a first or middle name of mohan.
-- Either iyer of sharma has a first or middle name of kumar but not both.
Who has the first or middle name of anil?
Today is Mukherjee.
4. Reading conprehension.
5. A bird keeper has got P pigeon, M mynas and S sparrows. The keeper goes for lunch leaving his assistant to watch the birds.
a. Suppose p=10, m=5, s=8, when the bird keeper comes back, the assistant informs the x birds have escaped. the bird keeper exclaims oh no! all my sparrows are gone. How many birds flew away?
b. When the bird keeper come back, the assistant told him that x birds have escaped, the keeper realised that at least two sparrows have escaped. What is minimum no of birds that can escape?
6. Select from the five alternatives A, B, C, D, E at the end of each question, two conditions will be given. The choices are to filled at follows:-
a. If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1.
b. If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 2.
c. If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 and 2.
d. If a definite conclusion can be drawn from condition 1 or 2.
e. No conclusion can be drawn using both conditions.
1. Person 1 says N<5.
Person 2 says n>5.
Person 3 says 3N>20.
Person 4 says 3n>10.
Person 5 says N<8.
What is value of N?
a) 1. Number of persons who speak false being less than no of persons who tells the truth.
2. Person 2 is telling the truth.
b) 1. Number of persons telling the truth is greater than no of persons telling lies.
2. Person 5 is telling the truth.
7. There are N coins on a table. There are two players A & B. You can take 1 or 2 coins at a time. The person who takes the last coin is the loser. A always starts first.
1. If N=7,
a) A can always win by taking two coins in his first chance.
b) B can win only if A takes two coins in his first chance.
c) B can always win by proper play.
d) None of the above.
2. A can win by proper play, if N is equal to
3. B can win by proper play, if N is equal to
4. if N<4, can A win by proper play always?
8. Two turns have vertain peculiar characteristics. One of them always lies on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The other always lies on Tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. On the other days they tell the truth. You are given a conversation.
Person A -- Today is sunday and my name is anil.
Person B -- Today is tuesday and my name is Bill. What is today?
Today is tuesday.