Kshema Technologies Paper
1. What are the key differences between C & C++.
2. How is the struct functionality different in C and in C++.
3. What is the difference between the following
ANS: ++i is a single instruction while in i=i+1, first i+1 is computed and
4. What is the difference between the two files.
static int i;
ANS: While in this case for both the programs... the scope and lifetime of
variable 'i' is throughout the program..... the value of 'i' is not.
For eg. if 'i=2' in the file1.c, any other program accessing this
variable from outside will still see the value of i as 2.
Whereas in File2.c if the variable 'i' is accessed from any other
program its value will always be seen as 0
Reason: For static variables their values are active only within the
COMPILE AREA of where it is declared or in the program where it is declared.
4. Explain the OSI layer and TCP/IP layer and their differences.
5. Explain the difference in memory management in Windows and Linux if there
6. What are the differences between C++ in windows and C++ in Linux.
7. Explain some api's used in Networking (in LINUX and WINDOWS)
8. What is exception handling and how is it different from error
handling...... Why is exception handling used instead of error handling in
some cases and vice versa.
9. What is Hashing in Datastructures and why is it used. What the criteris
for Hashing and explain some of them.
10. What are the criterias to be considered for Searching algorithms.
ANS: The size of the list and whether it is sorted.(these two are apparently
most important.... and that is the answer they expect)
11. What is the key aspect of Object Oriented Programming
ANS: DATA ABSTRACTION (I personally felt "data encapsulation"...... but
apparently the former mentioned was and is correct)
12. Explain sliding window protocol.
13. What is the SELECT() API in networking.
1.difference between C / C++
2.Explanation of OOP principles
-Reduction of Errors.
3.What is a Friend Function ? Explain with an Example.
4.Is the following code an Example of Dynamic Binding Explain?
virtual Bool Dosomething()
class Derived1: public Base
class Derived2: public Base
Answer: In the processfunction above the downcasting is done while passing
parameters and in the function body upcasting is done so
object.dosomething() will be dynamic binding ( i am unable to explain the
answer in clear terms....but the line of thinking is something like
5.What will happen if in the above code in the base class the keyword
virtual is removed?
Answer: IF virtual is removed from the function declaration. when the
process function is called it calls the Dosomething function of the
Baseclass itself rather than the derived classes.
6.What is a circular queue? Why is it better than a normal queue? and Give
some practical Examples of usage of circular queue
Scheduling Processes&Resources (esp in Operating Systems.)
used as a circular buffer especially in Embedded Systems(because memory
is a constraint).
7.What is Hashing? Explain the procedure to obtain a hashing table.
8.Give a brief presentation of your 8th Semester Project.
i have joined this wonderfull group recently.and i thank all
i have information regarding the test in kshema technologies
i have written the test for kshema technologies
whoever are going to write written test of that company,dont panic
the test is easy to get thru
it consists of english,aptitude,and some c program segments thats all and its a simple paper .duration of test -1hr.and there will be 60 questions,out of which to qualify u need to get 60 % that is 36 questions
verbal ,depends on your ability
i suggest to go thru barrens,let us c