1. At A&R auto repair shop, 2 mechanics can repair six cars in three hours. By this same reasoning how many mechanics will it take to repair 22 cars in five hours?
a. 8 b. 5 c. 7 d. 6 e. not sure
2. A worker of the CIA(cybernetic information association) is translating information in to a code sequence, so that competitors who might steal the information will not be able to make use of it. The worker is currently translating a word that u can find somewhere in this problem into this code. What number completes this word.: 8 22 10 6 22 13 24 ?
a. 5 b. 16 c. 22 d. 26 e. not sure
3.I really need to get a new watch. It correctly reads the time as 4:12pm,but three hours later it reads 8pm.two hours after that it reads 10.32pm.what time will it read when it is actually 3.42am?
a. 6:46am b. 1:38am c. 8:24am d. 6:26am e. not sure
4.how many cards are there in a full tarot deck?
a. 52 b. 78 c. 96 d. 113 e. not sure
5.what is Excalibur?
a. King b. Mage c. Mythical city d. sword e. not sure
6.How many days are there in a fortnight?
a. 15 b. 14 c. 10 d. 2 e. not sure
7.What was sundial used for?
a. regulating temperature b. refracting light c. measuring time
d. scrambling radio waves e. not sure
8.who wrote hunchback of Notre dame?
a. Hugo b. Pierre c. Walters d. Anderson e. not sure
9.What is Clark Kent also known as??
a. Dr. Death b. Human Torch c. Superman d. Lone Avenger e. not sure
10.A dresser drawer contains 15 garments. If 40% of those are blouses. How many are not blouses?
a. 6 b. 8 c. 9 d. 10 e. not sure
11. If the length of each of the sides of 3square garden plots is increased by 50%,by what % is the sum of the areas of the 3plots increased?
a. 375% b. 200% c. 150% d. 125% e. not sure
12.Which of the following equations gives the relationship between R and S in table below?
R 1 2 3 4 5 6
S 2 5 8 11 14 17
a. S=2R b. S=R^2+1 c. S=R^2-1 d. S=3R-1 e. not sure
13. If the length of a rectangle is increased by 20% and the width of the same rectangle is decreased by 20% then the area of the rectangle?
a. decr.by 20% b. decr.by 4% c. unchanged d. incr.by 20% e. not sure
14. If n and p r both odd numbers, which of the following numbers must be an even number??
a. n+p b. np c. np+2 d. n+p+1 e. not sure
15. If 2 places r one inch apart on a map, then they r actually 160miles apart. (the scale on the map is 1inch=160miles)if Seton is 2 7/8 inches from Monroe on the map, how many miles is it from Seton to Monroe?
a. 460 b. 300 c. 27 d. 360 e. not sure
16. A screw driver and a hammer currently have the same price. If the price of the screw driver rises by 5% and the price of hammer goes up by 3%, by what percent will the cost of 3 screwdrivers and 3 hammers price?
a. 3% b. 4% c. 8% d. 25% e. not sure
17. If the average (or arithmetic mean) of six numbers is 4.5, what is the sum of the numbers?
a. 4.5 b. 24 c. 27 d. 30 e. not sure
Read the following and answer the questions below:
The office staff of XYZ corporation presently consists of 3 bookkeepers (A, B, C) and 5 Secretaries (D, E, F, G, H). Management is planning to open a new office in another city using 3 secretaries and 2 book keepers of the present staffs. To do so they plan to separate certain individuals who do not function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office.
A) Book keepers A & C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be send as a team to the new office
B) C & E function well alone but not as a team . They should be separated.
C) D & G have not been on speaking term for many months. They should not go together.
D) Since D & F have been competing for promotion, they should not be a team.
18. If A is to be moved as one of the book keepers, which of the following cannot be the possible working unit
a. ABDEH b. ABDGH c. ABEFH d. ABEGH e. not sure
19. If C &F are moved to the new office, how many combinations are possible.
a. 1 b. 2 c. 3 d. 4 e. not sure
20. If C is send to the new office which member of the staff cannot go with C
a. B b. D c. F d. G e. not sure
21. Under the guidelines developed, which of the following must go to the new office.
a. B b. D c. E d. G e. not sure
22. If D goes to the new office which of the following is (are ) true?
i. C cannot go
ii. A cannot go
iii. H must also go
a. i only b. ii only c. i&iii only d. i, ii, iii e. not sure
23. At luncheon table were 12 men are seated, one-half of the men belongs to club A, one-third belongs to club B and one-fourth belongs to both club. How many belongs to neither.
a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 6 e. not sure
For each analogy, find the answer that best completes the problem:
24. Thieves: Den :: Cards: ?
a. Game b. Deck c. Set d. Group e. not sure
25. Body: Helmet :: Finger: ?
a. Thimble b. Nail c. Glove d. Bandage e. not sure