ORACLE (Aptitude) BIT Mesra 2003
Directions for questions 1-3:Each question consists of six statements
followed by 3 statements put together in a specific order .Choose the option
where the third statement is a conclusion drawn from the previous 2
1) A. Final Year students would like a good career.
B. All final year students are eligible as candidates for MBA entrance
C.Final Year students are entitled to work towards a good career.
D.Some of those who are candidates for an MBA entrance exam are final
E.All those eligible as candidates for an MBA exam are eligible for a
F.All those who would like a good career are entitled to it.
1. AEF 2. EBC 3.BCF 4.CDF
2) A. All bright people acknowledge brains in others
B. Some knowledgeable men are bright
C. Some knowledgeable men do not acknowledge brains in others
D.Some knowledgeable men are persons who are bright
E.Some knowledgeable men are not bright
F.All bright people do not necessarily acknowledge brains in others
1. ABE 2. ACF 3.ADE 4. ACE
3) A.Some thoughts lack clarity
B.Anything unclear is not worth writing about
C.Some thoughts are worth writing about
D.All thoughts lack clarity
E.Some thoughts are clear
F. No thought is worth is writing about
1. ABF 2.BCD 3.BEF 4.BDF
Directions for questions 4 to 6:Arrange the sentences A,B,C,D in a logical
sequence to form a coherent paragraph.
4) A. How do you set your mental co-ordinates vis a vis the external
variables if every-
thing changes so fast ?
B. Modern life is about managing the prices and consequences of changes
C. That is creating a problem
D. The pace of the changing process seems to be getting quicker overtime
1. ABDC 2.DCAB 3.BDCA 4.BCDA
5) A. Infact trying to calculate an element of chance
B. The rather fanciful idea of Lady Luck favouring her own can be traced
Pagan times when lucky gamblers were thought to be the beloved of
the goddess of
C.Risks were taken in order to gain her approval ,and one of these risks
was trying to
Guess what would happen -for example ,which way a leaf would fall
,which way a
Frog would jump
D.She was seen as being capricious and prone ,occasionally ,to mockery
1. BCAD 2.BDCA 3.BADC 4.BDAC
6) A.It is because Japanese companies do not have to pay the consultancies'
the argument goes ,that companies have more money to devote to
and because they are not tempted to follow the latest management
fashions that they
can develop a coherent ,long term strategy.
B.The average salary man,relaxing after a ten hour day over yakitori
and sake ,hardly
Spends his time talking about Drucker -san and Peter-san .
C.It might seem far fetched to argue that Japan's post war growth has
anything to do
With management theory.
D.Critics of management theory happily point out that thirty years after
Western consultancies are still to make ends meet ,and that Japan
has few business
Schools ,none of them very prestigious.
1. CADB 2. CBDA 3. DBAC 4. DBCA
Directions for questions 7 to 9 :Each question consists of a sentence ,part
of which is underlined .Choose the option that best replaces the underlined
7) Nearly everyone know that exercise has numerous health benefits for
people of all ag-
es and physical conditions .
1. Nearly everyone know that exercise has numerous .
2. Nearly everyone knows that exercise has numerous
3. Everyone nearly knows that exercise having numerous
4. Everyone nearly have know that exercise has numerous
8) The researchers hope to study a large patient group to investigate the
effect further and
finding out how long the effects last
1. finding out
2. to find out
3. for finding
4. to finding
9) Having failed to work out a viable marriage with the BSP twice in the
hasty alliance shouldn't have been entered into by the BJP
1. another hasty alliance shouldn't have been entered into by the BJP
2. a hasty alliance should have been avoided by the BJP
3. the BJP's entering into hasty alliance shouldn't have been done by them.
4. the BJP should not have entered into a hasty alliance
Directions for questions 10 to 12: Choose the word that is least related to
the question word.
1. puny 2. colossal 3.prodigious
1. tribulation 2. copious 3. .affliction
1. enclosure 2.corral 3. coop 5.nib
Direction for questions 13 to 15:Read of the following short passages and
answer the question that follows
13) The Mahauti tribe that inhabited the Himayalan region had a personal
relationship with their deities .This gave support and protection to the
tribe most of whom were hunters ; the support might otherwise be lacking
.The absence of each support left tye individual weak and vulnerable .So
,important was this spititual relation that when the tribes lost their
beliefs in the spirit ,their culture disintegrated.
The passage suggests that a primary motivation for members of hunting
cultures to seek firm bonds with the spirit world was the
1. ambition to be better at huntung than others
2. wish to secure an afterlife
3. need for cpmfort in times of sorrow
4. desire to obtain and maintain skill and strength
14) Cosmetologists trying to make ultimate hair care product have found that
when the did not treat hair with a quaternary compound,on combing ,the
combing force remained high This happened even when the electrostatic charge
was substantially reduced by high humidity.
It can be inferred from the above that ,the cosmetologist did which of the
following to reduce the electrostatic charge generated when hair not treated
with a quaternary compound was combed ?
1. decreased the combing speed
2. increased humidity
3. tangled the hair
4. dried the hair.
15) No thorough consideration of the metropolis can overlook either its
social organization or its governmental institutions .The informal means of
social control that once regulated communal affairs of settlement have given
way to the more formal methods of modern society .As metropolitan grew more
complex governmental organizations have evolved as instruments of control
Which of the followinf situations in a city is most clearly an example of
the developments described in the passage ?
1. City officials no longer control the allocation of water rights :instead
state governments distribute water rights
2. Delinquent children are not verbally chastised by community elders
:instead ,they are brought before a court of law
3. The local government has retained its autonomy thereby preventing central
governments from providing solutions for population problem
4. Community cohesion has decreased ,leading to a sense of isolation on the
part of city residents.
Questions 16 and 17 are based on the following
a/b = (a+b)/(a-b)
a*b = (a+b)(a-b)
a@b = a/b - b/a (implies subtracting the smaller of the two from the other
a#b = a/b + b/a
16) Find (((a@b) + (a#b)) * 1)/ 1, where a=5.91 and b= 17.73
1. 35 2. 18/17 3.17/18
4.None of these
17) State which of the following is/are true
I. 7@(a*b) is undefined if a = b
II. [(a/b)/1 * [(b/a)/1. = (a@b) x (a#b)
1.I only 2. II only 3. Both I and II
4. Neither I or II
18) What is the maximum area that can be enclosed by a wire 44cm long ?
1. 77 2. 154 3. 308 4.None of
19) If A(2,3) ,B(-2,-3) and C(1,2) are three vertices of a triangle ,which
among the following is the largest angle ?
1. ABC 2. BCA 3. CAB 4. All three angles
20) f(x) = 2(x*x) +1 when x<0
= -2x when x>=0
What is f(f(f(2))) ?
1. 66 2. -33 3. 33
4. None of these
21) One sells 30 kg rice with cost Rs.22.87/kg at 20% profit and 50kg rice
with cost price Rs 20.92/kg at 30% profit .What is the total percentage
1. 26.25% 2. 24.72% 3. 26.5% 4. 28%
22) Ravi buys 100 5% shares of face value Rs.100 at Rs.15000 .If he sells
them off after a year at Rs 155 a share ,what is his yield ?
1. 8.33% 2. 6.67% 3. 5% 4. 3.33%
23) Amit and Meghna went to New York for a 63 day holiday .Each day ,Amit
spent as many as hundred dollar bills as the remaining number of days in the
trip (excluding the current day ) ,and Meghna spent as many as hundred
dollar bills as the number of days already spent (including current day).
How much per day would they have spent together during the holiday ?
1. $12,600 2. $10000 3. $6300 4. $5000
24) Bacteria reproduce in such a manner that every hour their number
doubles In a controlled experiment that started with a certain number of
bacteria in a jar at 12noon on Tuesday ,30 million were found at 12noon on
Wednesday .At what time were there 15 million bacteria ?
1. Midnight ,Tuesday
2. 6a.m on Wednesday
3. 10 a.m Wednesday
4. None of these
25) Take a number 'x' and follow these steps :
1. Find the sum of its digit
2. If the sum has only one digit , STOP
3. Else , go back to step 1 with the new number.
If x = 1684 ,what is the end result ?
1. 19 2. 10 3. 1
4. None of these
26) A number consisting of five digits 5,6,7,8 and 9 each coming once but
not necessarily in that order is taken ,and an algorithm specified in the
previous question is run on it .How many different end results are possible
1. One 2.Three 3.Five
Directions for questions 27 and 28 :Each question is followed by two
statements A and B. Mark
1. If statement A alone is sufficient to answer the question
2. If statement B alone is sufficient to answer the question
3. If both statements A and B are required to answer the question
4. If neither A or B are sufficient to answer the question
27) What is the height of the tower ?
A. A man standing at a distance of 1km from the bottom of the tower
makes an angle
300 degrees with the top of the tower .
B. An insect starts from the bottom of the tower and reaches the top in
28) Distance between A and B is
A. A and B two points on the circumference of the circle with center O and
radius 5.2 cm
B. Angle AOB = 450
Additional instructions for questions 29 and 30:
For any activity , X, year Ao dominates year Bo if organized retail business
in activity X in year Ao is greater than organized retails business in
activity X is year Bo .For any two activities in the organized retail
business ,A and B ,year Xo dominates year Yo if
a. The organized retail business in activity A ,in the year Xo is greater
than equal to the organized retail business activity A in the year Yo: and
b. The organized retail business in activity B ,in the year Yo is less than
or equal to the organized retail business in activity B in the year Xo.
29) For the organized retail business activity in children's clothing ,which
one of the following is true ?
1. 1994-95 dominates 1995-96
2. 1995-96 dominates 1994-95
3. 1997-98 dominates 1996-97
4. 1998-99 dominates 1997-98
30) For the organized retail business activity in children 's clothing and
footwear ,which of the following is true ?
1. 1995-96 dominates 1994-95
2. 1994-95 dominates 1995-96
3. 1996-97 dominates 1995-96
4. None of these
QUESTION : 1
EVALUATE THESE TWO SQL COMMANDS:
1. SELECT DISTINCT OBJECT_TYPE FROM USER_OBJECTS;
2. SELECT OBJECT_TYPE FROM ALL_OBJECTS;
HOW WILL THE RESULTS DIFFER?
A. STATEMENT 1 WILL DISPLAY THE DISTINCT OBJECT TYPES IN THE DATABASE, STATEMENT 2 WILL DISPLAY ALL THE OBJECT TYPES IN THE DATABASE.
B. STATEMENT 1 WILL DISPLAY THE DISTINCT OBJECT TYPES OWNED BY THE USER, STATEMENT 2 WILL DISPLAY ALL THE OBJECT TYPES IN THE DATABASE.
yC. STATEMENT 1 WILL DISPLAY THE DISTINCT OBJECT TYPES OWNED BY THE USER, STATEMENT 2 WILL DISPLAY ALL THE OBJECT TYPES THE USER CAN ACCESS.
D. STATEMENT 1 WILL DISPLAY ALL THE OBJECT TYPES THE USER CAN ACESS, STATEMENT 2 WILL DISPLAY ALL OBJECT TYPE THAT THE USER OWNS.
QUESTION : 2
The EMPLOYEE table contains these columns:
LAST_NAME VARCHAR2(25) FIRST_NAME VARCHAR2(25) SALARY NUMBER(7,2)
You need to display the names of employees that earn more than the average salary of all employees.
Evaluate this SQL statement:
SELECT last_name,first_name FROM employee WHERE salary > AVG(salary);
Which change should you make to achieve the desired results?
A. Change the function in the WHERE clause. B. Move the function to the SELECT clause and add a GROUP BY clause. yC. Use a subquery in the WHERE clause to compare the average salary value. D. Move the function to the SELECT clause and add a GROUP BY clause and a HAVING clause.
QUESTION : 3
You need to remove all the data from the employee table while leaving the table definition intact. You don't care about being able to undo this operation. How would you accomplish this task?
yA. Use the DELETE command. B. Truncate the table. C. Drop the table and recreate it. D. This task cannot be accomplished.
QUESTION : 4
Click on the EXHIBIT button and examine the table instance chart for the sales table.
You attempt to change the database with this command:
SALES ****** _______________________________________________________________ | Column Name | PURCHASE_NO | CUSTOMER_ID | CAR_ID | MODEL | |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________| | Key Type | PK | FK | FK | FK | |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________| | Nulls/Unique | NN, U | NN | NN | NN | |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________| | FK Table | | PURCHASE | S_ORD | S_ITEM | |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________| | FK Column | | CUST_ID | C_ID |MODEL_ID| |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________| | Datatype | NUM | NUM | NUM | NUM | |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________| | Lenght | 6 | 6 | 6 | 6 | |_______________|_______________|_____________|________|________|
INSERT INTO sales(purchase_no, customer_id, car_id) VALUES (1234 , 345 , 6);
If this statement fails , which condition would explain the failure?
A. The statement has invalid datatypes. B. The sales table has too many foreign keys. yC. A mondatory column value is missing. D. This statement does not fail at all.
QUESTION : 5
Which ALTER command would you use a disabled primary key constraint ?
A. ALTER TABLE cars ENABLED PRIMARY (id) ; B. ALTER TABLE cars ADD CONSTRAINT cars_id_pk PRIMARY KEY (id) ;
yC. ALTER TABLE cars ENABLE CONSTRAINT cars_id_pk;
D. ALTER TABLE cars ENABLE PRIMARY KEY (id) CASCADE;
QUESTION : 6
You need to create the patient_id_seq sequence to be used with the patient table's primary key column. The sequence should begin at 1000, have a maximum value of 999999999, increment by 1 , and cache 10 number which statement would you use to complete this task ?
yA. CREATE SEQUENCE patient_id_seq START WITH 1000 MAXVALUE 999999999 CACHE 10 NOCYCLE;
B. CREATE SEQUENCE patient_id_seq ON patient (patient_id) MINVALUE 1000 MAXVALUE 999999999 INCREMENT BY 1 CACHE 10 NOCYCLE;
C. CREATE SEQUENCE patient_id_seq START WITH 1000 MAXVALUE 999999999 INCREMENT BY 1 CYCLE 10;
D. This task cannot be accomplished.
QUESTION : 7
Evaluate this SQL statement:
CREATE INDEX emp_dept_id_idx ON employee (dept_id);
Which result will the statement provide ?
A. Store an index in the EMPLOYEE table. B. Increase the chance of full table scans. yC. May reduce the amount of disk I/O for SELECT statements. D. May reduce the amount of disk I/O for INSERT statements. E. Override the unique index created when the FK relationship was defined.
QUESTION : 8
Evaluate this SQL script:
CREATE ROLE manager; CREATE ROLE clerk; CREATE ROLE inventory; CREATE USER scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger; GRANT inventory TO clerk; GRANT clerk TO manager; GRANT inventory TO scott;
How many roles will user SCOTT have access to ?
A. 0 yB. 1 C. 2 D. 3
QUESTION : 9
Within a PL/SQL loop, you need to test if the current fetch was successful. Which SQL Cursor attribute would you use to accomplish this task ?
A. SQL%ROWCOUNT B. A SQL cursor attribute cannot be used within a Pl/sql loop. yC. SQL%FOUND D. SQL%ISOPEN E. This task cannot be accomplished with a SQL cursor attribute.
QUESTION : 10
The EMPLOYEE table contains these columns:
BONUS NUMBER(7,2) DEPT_ID NUMBER(9)
These are 10 departments and each department has at least 1 employee. Bonus values are greater than 5 not all employees receive a bonus.
Evaluate this PL/SQL block:
DECLARE v_bonus employee.bonus%TYPE :=300; BEGIN UPDATE employee SET bonus = bonus + v_bonus WHERE dept_id IN(10 , 20 , 30); COMMIT; END:
What will be the result ?
A. All employees will be given a 300 bonus. B. A subset of employees will be given a 300 bonus. C. All employees will be given a 300 increase in bonus. yD. A subset of employees will be given a 300 increase in bonus.
QUESTION : 11
In which situation should you use an outer join query ?
A. The employee and region tables have no corresponding columns. yB. The employee and region tables have corresponding columns. C. The employee table column corresponding to the region table column constains null Values for rows need to be displayed. D. The employee table has two columns that correspond.
QUESTION : 12
You query the database with this command:
SELECT lot_no "LOT NUMBER" ,COUNT (* ) "NUMBER OF CARS AVAILABLE" FROM cars WHERE model = 'Fire' GROUP BY lot_no HAVING COUNT (*) > 10 ORDER BY COUNT( * );
Which clause restricts which groups are displayed ?
A. SELECT lot_no "LOT NUMBER" ,COUNT (* ) "NUMBER OF CARS AVAILABLE" B. WHERE model = 'Fire' C. GROUP BY lot_no yD. HAVING COUNT ( * ) > 10 E. ORDER BY COUNT ( * )
QUESTION : 13
IN PL/SQL BLOCK WE QUERRY THIS STATEMENT
FOR EMP_RECORD IN CURSOR_EMP LOOP EMP_RECORD:='JIM'; END LOOP; CLOSE CURSOR_EMP; WHICH TASK WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED
1.NO FETCH STATEMENTIS ISSUED. 2.THERE IS NEED TO OPEN A CURSOR. y3.THERE IS NO NEED TO CLOSE THE CURSOR. 4.THE LOOP TERMINATING CONDITION IS MISSING.
QUESTION : 14
WHICH PL/SQL BLOCK USER_DEFINED EXCEPTION RAISED ?
y1. EXCEPTION 2. EXECUTEABLE 3. DECLARATIVE 4. HEADER
QUESTION : 15
WHAT SHOULD YOU TO DO AFTER FETCH STATEMENT
1. CLOSE THE CURSOR y2. TEST TO SEE THE CURSOR ATTRIBUTE 3. OPEN THE CURSOR 4. IDANTIFY THE ACTIVE SET
QUESTION : 16
IN PL/SQL BLOCK
IF V_VALUE >100 THEN V_VALUE_INCREASE := 2*V_VALUE; IF V_VALUE >200 THEN V_VALUE_INCREASE := 3*V_VALUE; IF V_VALUE <300 THEN V_VALUE_INCREASE := 4*V_VALUE; ELSE V_VALUE_INCREASE := 4*V_VALUE;
WHICH VARIABLE V_VALUE_INCREASE ASSIGN A VALUE IF V_VALUE IS 250
1. 500 2. 750 y3. 1000 4. 1250
QUESTION : 17
EVALUATE THIS STATEMENT
SELECT UPPER(FIRST_NAME),UPPER(LAST_NAME), LENGTH(CONCAT(FIRST_NAME,LAST_NAME)) NAME FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE UPPER(LAST_NAME) LIKE '%J' OR UPPER(LAST_NAME) LIKE '%A' OR UPPER(LAST_NAME) LIKE '%N' ;
SELECT INITCAP(FIRST_NAME),INITCAP(LAST_NAME), LENGTH(FIRST_NAME) + LENGTH(LAST_NAME) FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE UPPER(SUBSTR(LAST_NAME,1,1) IN ('J','A','N');
HOW WILL THE RESULT DIFFER
y1. BOTH STATEMENT RETRIVED DIFFERENT DATA FROM THE DATABASE 2. STATEMENT 1 WILL EXECUTE AND STATEMENT 2 WILL NOT 3. STATEMENT 2 WILL EXECUTE AND STATEMENT 1 WILL NOT 4. BOTH STATEMENT RETURNS SAME DATA
QUESTION : 18
HOW MANY ELEMENT CONSISTS OF WHERE CLAUSE
1. USER_SUPPLIED LITERALS 2. ALIAS 3. COLUMN NAME 4. COMPARISION OPERATOR 5. COLUMN POSITION
QUESTION : 19
IN PL/SQL BLOCK
BEGIN FOR I IN 1..10 LOOP IF I=4 OR I=6 THEN NULL; ELSE INSERT INTO CARS(ID) VALUES(I); END IF; COMMIT; END LOOP; ROLL BACK; END;
HOW MANY VALUES WILL BE INSERTED
1. 2 2. 1 3. 5 4. 6 y5. 8 6. 10
QUESTION : 20
EVALUATE THIS STATEMENT
CREATE SYNONYUM CARS FOR ED.MARYLIN;
WHICH TASK WILL BE ACCOMPLISH?
1. SYNONYUM IS CREATED FOR ALL USER. y2. SYNONYUM IS CREATED FOR YOU. 3. SYNONYUM IS CREATED FOR ED 4. SYNONYUM IS CREATED FOR THOSE EMPLOYEES WHO HAS ACCESS THE DATABASE.
QUESTION : 21
DISPLAY ENAME,JOB AND SALARY OF ALL EMPLOYEES. ORDER OF SALARY IS DESCENDING, IF SALARY IS MATCHED THEN ORDER THE ENAME.
A. SELECT ENAME,JOB,SAL FROM EMP ORDER BY SAL,ENAME
yB. SELECT ENAME,JOB,SAL FROM EMP ORDER BY SAL DESC,ENAME
C. SELECT ENAME,JOB,SAL FROM EMP ORDER BY SAL DESC,ENAME ASCENDING
QUESTION : 22
EVALUATE THIS STATEMENT:
SELECT ENAME,JOB FROM EMP WHERE EMPNO NOT IN(SELECT MGR FROM EMP);
WHICH OPERATOR IS EQUAL TO 'NOT IN':
A. != B. NOT ALL yC. != ALL D. NOT LIKE
1. In SQL*Plus environment ,you want to store the result of your query in a text file, which command will you use; a. Spool Out. yb. Spool filename.txt. c. Spool out to filename.txt.
2. You are informed that cost of your product has by 25% and price of the product is increased by 10%. Now you have to determine the actual net profit for that product, you issued this query Select Price*1.10-Cost*1.25 from product How will this statement execute; a. This will give more result than you want yb. This will give desired result. c. This will give less result than you want.
3. Which characteristic applies to SQL. ya. When sorted in ascending order null values come in last b. When sorted in descending order null values come in last c. When sorted in ascending order null values come first
4. You have to find a name, but you don't know the case of stored data, which query will give the desired result. a. Select * from product Where ename=upper('&ename');
b. Select * from product Where ename=lower('&ename');
c. Select * from product Where upper(ename)='&ename';
yd. Select * from product Where upper(ename)=upper('&ename');
5. You have to find the name Smith. But you don't have any idea that which case user will use, which command will give the desired result. a. Select * from product Where ename=initcap('&ename');
b. Select * from product Where intioap(ename)=('&ename');
c. Select * from product Where upper(ename)='&ename';
yd. Select * from product Where ename = upper('&ename');
6. You have to find the total service period of employee in months as whole number, which query will give the result. ya. Select round(months_between(sysdata,hiredate)) from emp; b. Select round(months_between(hiredate,sysdate)) from emp;
7. If you want to join table without direct matching of their columns, which type of join will you use. a. Equi Join b. Self Join. c. Outer Join yd. Non EquiJoin.
8. Click on Exhibit Button ID Number(4) Name Varchar2(20) Manager_ID Number(4) You want to see name with their manager name which query will you use?
9. Which order is advised in SQL a. Where , Having ,Group By b. Group By, Having,Where c. Group By, Where ,Having yd. Where, Group By, Having
10. What is a nonpairwise subquery. ya. Cross Product applies to them. b. Cross product doesn't applies to them.
11. Click on Exhibit Button Table User_Tab ID Number(4) Name Varchar2(20) Hired Date You have to insert a row in this table, which query will give the desired result. ya. Insert into User_tab Values('asd',23,sysdate); b. Insert into User_tab(Name,Id,Hired) Values(123,'asd',sysdate); c. Insert into User_tab(Name,id,hired) Values('asd','123',sysdate)
12. Click on Exhibit Button Table is User_Tab Ino Number(4)
You use this PL/Sql program Begin For I in 1..5 loop Insert into user_tab Values (I); Commit; End Loop; RollBack; End; How many values will be inserted in User_tab table? a. 0. b. 1. c. 3. yd. 5.
13. To see which table you can access, which data dictionary is used. a. User_Objects. b. Dba_Ojbects. yc. All_objects.
14. To add a comment on table abc, syntax is a. Alter Table abc Add Comment b. Alter abc Add Comment. c. Commnent on abc. yd. Comment on table abc.
15. In SQL*Plus, you issued this command DELETE FROM dept WHERE DEPT_ID=30; You received an Integrity Constraint Error. What could you do to make the statement execute? a. Add the FORCE keyword to the command. b. Add the CONSTRAINTS CASCADE option to the command. c. You cannot make the command execute. yd. Delete the child record first.
16. You are updating the employee table, Jane has been granted the same privileges as you on the employee table. You ask Jane to log on to the database to check your work before you issue a COMMIT command. What can Jane do to the employee table? a. Jane can access the table and verify your changes. b. Jane cannot access the table. c. Jane can access the table, but she cannot see your changes. She can make the changes for you. yd. Jane can access the table, but she cannot see your changes and cannot make the same changes.
17. You created the patient_vu view based on id_number and last_name from the patient table. What is the best way to modify the view so that the rows can only be accessed b/w 8:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. a. Use the ALTER command to add a WHERE clause to verify the time. b. Replace the view adding a WHERE clause. c. Drop the patient_vu and create a new view with a WHERE clause. d. Drop th epatient_vu and create a new view with a HAVING clause. ye. This task cannot be accomplished.
18. You issued this command CREATE SYNONYM e FOR ed.employee; Which task has been accomplished? a. The need to qualify an object name with its schema was eliminated for user Ed. yb. The need to qualify an object name with its schema was eliminated for only you. c. The need to qualify an object name with its schema was eliminated for all users. d. The need to qualify an object name with its schema was eliminated for users with access.
19. In the declaration section of a PL/SQL block , you create this variable; abc employee%rowtype; Which task has been accomplished? a. The abc variable was declared with the same datatype as the employee column. b. The abc table was created. c. A scalar table was created. yd. A composite variable was created based on the employee table.
1. what is sparese matrices?. give (at least) two methods for implemetation
rather than two dimentional array.
2.what are cheap locks/latches?.
3.what is two phase locking?. Name two locks.
4. What are volatile variables in C?. What is their significance ?.
5. will these two work in same manner
#define intp int *
typedef int * inpp;
6. what are binary trees?. what is its use?.
section 3 :
A). write header file containing functions used, etc (C),
problem is to maitain a Queue. user has to give size and type of Queue.
This problem is like this I don't remember exactly.
1. What is polymorphism?
2. What is Inheritence?.
3. Mention four Object Oriented Programming Languages?>
4. Mention basic concepts of OOP.
5. What are messages in OOP?.
6. What is garbase collection?.
7.what is object?.
8. what is a class?.
1. expand the following:
a.SEI b. ISO
2. what are different levels of SEI?.
3. What is significance of ISO?>
4. Expand the following:
5. what is Black box testing?.
6. explain the following:
1. white box testing
2. white box testing
3. boundary testing
Click here to Download 2019 Latest placement papers of this company