Patni latest paper...dated 20/8/2003
1. Raju had some amount of money with which he can purchase
either 40 oranges or 50 mangoes. While going to market he kept 20%
of the money separately for taxy fare. He purchased 20 mangoes
for the remaining money he bought oranges. How many oranges did he
2. There 500 ml of acid from which 3 cups was taken and poured in
to 500 ml of water. Now from the mixture 3 cups was taken back and
poured back in to the container which contained acid.
Now (a) Concentration of former is greater than later (b)
Concentration of later is greater than former (c) equal (d)
3. There is a triange of sides 10,8 and 6. What is the length of
a rectangle haviing equal area of the triangle and having breadth
4. The sum of reciprocals of two numbers having their difference
5 is 9/14. One among the number is ...7 and 2.
5. a, b, c and d are collecting rubbles.
1. total number of rubbles with all of them is 100.
2. Every one should have a odd number.
3. One should have atleat 10 rubble.
4. the nunber of rubles with difeerent persons should be
The maximum possible number that the person have more rubbles is
(a) should not exeed 64 (b) should not exceed 60 (c) should not
6. I purchased 72 chikens some years back. The bill was old and i
could only this much _67.9_.
At what cost i purchased the chicens...means per unit cost.(it's
7. A and B income is in the rato 5:3, A,B,C, spend in the ratio
8:5:2, If C's expenditure is Rs 2000 and B saves Rs 7000 what's A
savings?? ((1500 check it out))
8. A B and C are three tv channels. 85% of people watch A , 75%
watch B and 60% watch C. 20 % of the people watch atleast 2
channels . 5% watch no channels. How many watch all the
9. How many numbers divisible by 125 can be formed from the five
10. Some prob on Akbar, Amir and Anthony..about ordering
dosas...sorry couldn't exactly reproduce...
11. 2 questions was there from the quotient, divident, divider
and remainder type
number x when divided by 739 had a quotient 99 and remainder 738.
one more was there...
12. What number must be added to 1/x to make it equal to x.
13. A thing was sold at loss, for Rs 60.(IMPORTANT::: Not loss of
Rs.60, but the selling price was Rs.60). It it would have been
sold at price of 81 and the profit would be 20%
of the loss. What's the original price of the object
14. one person start run on 11am. with 4 Km/hr and another man
start at 1:30 pm with 1 km/hr in first hr,2 kph in the 2nd hr,
3kmphr at 3 rd hr and so on. at what distance they will
meet.??Also at what time they'll meet?
15 one disk of 20cm radius, out of that 4 disk of 5cm are cut
find the ratio of left out area to the cut area...3:1
16. (X)+(1/X)=3 then (xsquare) + 1/(Ysquare) = ??
17. see divisibilty rules.. which no is divided by both 9 and
18. only one question of this type
p,q,r,s, 4 statments r there , if p is true hen q is true, if q
is true then r is true, s is true then at least of q and r
should false then what is correct ??
19. a box contain 4 small bos, each small box again contain 3
again these box contain 2 box . total how many boxes ?
20. between 100 to 200 how many no are divisible by both 3 and
and 100,200 are i1
Patni Computer Systems (PCS)
1.what is the angle between teo hands of a clock when time is 8-30
2.a student is ranked 13th from right and 8th from left.how many are there(similer)
3.a,b,c,d,e,f are arranged in a circle b is to right of c and so on
5.puzzle test.some data is given and he asked three qustions below.based on
6.six questions on venn diagrams.
7.5 years ago sum of ages of father and son
8.assertion and reasoning 1.clouds 2.capital city of dweloped corentira
ans for both is :a
9.man walks east & from turns to right & from to left &then 45degrees to
right.in which direction he went
11.96,85,....(a series with diff 11),3,15,45,....,total 3 questions are
given on series
12.a student got 70% in one subject,80% in other.to get overall 75% how much
he should get in third subject.
13.a news paper must have a. news b. advertizements 3.editor 4.date 5.paper
14.if clouds are air, air are water and so on where birds fly?
16.a man showed to a woman sitting in a pack & told to his friend.she is
the daughter of my grand mother only son
17. one composition contains... 5/4 L 6/14 L....
(Ans. both r insufficent)
18. x fabric.... 6.50 per meter , 25% wholesale...
(Ans: both r required)
19. Average 3years 45,000, 1st 1.5 times, 2nd 2.5 times..
(Calculate in this way... (x+1.5x+2.5x)/3 = 45000 i.e 5x/3 =45000 )
then calculate required value...)
20. Three vehecle speed ratio 1:2:3 & time ratio 3:2:1...
Distance ratio ??
(Ans: 3:4:3.. check once)
This is the latest patni paper
Basically there is a
the apti consist of 20 questions time 50 min
1.a school has 4 maths 3 physics and 3 chemistry teachers each teacher can
teach 2 subjects max what is he minimum number of teachers required
2.there is a weight question comparing peoples weight
ans,, meera(choice d)
3.one simple maths sum
4.a man walks at 8km/hr train crosses him at some speed…..
5.there is a circle of radius 5.what is the area of the biggest rectangle that
can be cut out of this circle
6.in a chess board 2 squares are cut out leaving 61 squares if we place blocks
each of length=lengthof 2 squares and width=width of 1 square how many blocks
will be necessary
7.how many minimum number of weigh are required to weigh 1-40kg using a
8.CPU execution order(arrange the given steps in order ie steps involved in
the execution of a statement by cpu
9.radius =3 of a sphere it is melted to form a cube.what is the ratio of the
cube of the volume of the sphere to the cube of the volume of the cube
ans . none of the above
11 there are four consonants 3 vowels how many 6 letter strings can u form
with atleast one vowels in each
12. binary rep of .6875
13.scanf(….)…… not sure
ans :all the above
16 "-this is a line"…….
20 array 
*(*(array+2)+3) represents what?
Ans represents content of