SATYAM 2004 TEST at PESIT, Bangalore
15 q's in 30 mins
1. get the correct arrangment of sentences.
i. This is.
ii.This is sentence with 4 references.
iii.This is to say that this sentence is a lonf sentence.
iv.This is not the last sentence of the paragraph.
v. The previous sentence to this is the longest sentence.
vi.This is first sentence of last paragraph.
vii.This refers to last sentence.
There were 2 more sentncs similar 2 this. For the correct soln look at the answers & get it. By lookin at the stmts u wont get anythin.
2. Somethin bout _a's,ii b's,ii c's.......i didnt get the question.
3. A third of this value is 1/2. What is the value.
4. How to measure 4 l by using 5 l & 3 l vessels only.
Choices were 5 l - 520254 3 l - 032.....u will get it by lookin at answers.
5. there are 6 somethins...lets call it cups...holding 19,14,21,35,10,8 nails each. Joe and Jack bought 5 of them with Jack buying twice number of nails than Joe. How much did they buy.
Ans: Jack-21,35,10 Joe-19,14 U can get it by lookin at ans(again). Easy.
6. Truck is travellin at 60 kmph. Wat rate should car travel to be ahead of truck for 2 mins.
Choices were 72, 66.8, 90,.... Me thinks its 66.8. Not sure.
7. Ther are 10 red balls,6 white and 5 blue. How many balls should i pick to make sure that i have atleast 1 of each.
8. A horribly phrased & really long question bout base 3....If u do get it attempt it only if time permits.
9.Next 4 Very very easy.
BLUE SKY (or somethin)....most of my qs r not xact
A company initially had a code for keepin price secret(god knows why)....dat was old code. They felt it was time 2 change & adopted to new code.
Q: If LKY was old code...wat is correspondin new code
10. Refer above for a similar q
11.Again from the 8th one....somethin bout letters repeatin themselves.
12. If SUE was in old code & was overlooked during new code....wat will the price be if salesman does not change code. Again refer 8.
from 4 mostly can score easily.
13. There are 1 way routes from A to G, Mto H, A to F....(A, G etc are given as some place)
Which is the shortest route from A to F.
Ans: U dont even have to draw a graph. Just look at q & ans is urs.
14. A Fence was being erected by Jatin. The poles were to be 5 ft apart, but as Jatin(the fool that he is) forgot to bring 4 poles, he erected them 7 ft apart. The q is how much distance was the fence to cover.
Choice: 70 ft 92 ft 100 ft 75 ft....Ans: 70 ft.
Following this was a gd. There were 5 topics
1. US war on iraq-justified or not.
2. Role of UN in peacekeeping.
3. Position of Women in India compared to other nations.
4. Environment MAnagement.
5. Is China better than India in software.
Ppl appearin for test: 828
PPl selected for gd: 300
Ppl selected for interviews: 142
THIS IS SATYAM QUESTIONS IN BANGALORE....
1. one question on the coding simple one..
WHAT IS NEXT.....
A) u B)r C) e D) s e) none
2. one question on figures...four fig ..are given what is next fig???
3. Similarly one more question...
4. given 6 persons having some RSxxx/- arrange the order with respect to money(8 lines Q)
5. Regarding ages one question
6. Given RS 140 how u will share the some thing like that...I don't remember...
7. Some relations given find the order...(some 7 lines questions)
8. work-time problem given...he given A work in 6 days B work in 8 days C work in 10 days....he given A leaves after 8 days ....some thing like that
9. he will give some sentences..Arrange the order like that one question
10. one big question just leave it ( wast of time)
Test Details :
299 shortlisted for GD.
1 mark for every right, 1/4 negative marks for every
15 Questions (Aptitude Only).
Time: 30 mins.
I am trying my best to give u complete questions (but
all Qs are nt complete). The Questions are not in
serial order. I m mailing these to u for u to get an
idea of paper pattern.
1. A train has lenght of 108m, it is travelling at a
speed of 50km/hr. a second train with length of 1121m,
opposite direction to first train, passes the first
train in 6 seconds. What is the speed of the second
options : a)40 b)55 c)65 d)non of these.
I chose d)
2. which no. comes next
7100, 13, 6, 4, 3, ...
Sorry, I do'nt remember the options.
3. Magzine a is kept on b, b is abov g,i is blow h
etc... which was kept at the bottom?(easy)
4. there are two mugs, a 7ltr mug, a 3 ltr mug. what
wud be the steps to fill 5ltr water in the 7 ltr
a) fill the 3 ltr mug, pour its 3 ltrs water into
b) fill the 3 ltr mug, pour its 3 ltrs water into
c) fill 3 ltr mug and pour 1 ltrs water into the 7
d) empty the 7 ltr mug, pour the remaining 2 ltrs
water in 3ltrs jug, into the 7 ltr jug.
e) fill the 3 ltr mug, pour its 3 ltrs water into
options: a) abced b)acbde c)abcde d)acbed
5. I m chaising a thies. The theif has a head start of
10 miles over me.i have a speed 1 mile/hr greater
than the theif. my dog has a speed of 10km/hr. My
dog runs to and fro between me and the thief.
How many miles does my dog run, before i catch the
a)96 miles b)124 mile c) 140 miles d) 180miles
Ans: 96 miles(b'cos the dog can cover a maximum of
10km/hr * 10hr=100km by the time i catch the
thief. ie., about 96 or 94 miles.
(options i have given for this Q are correct.)
6. George J Summers, " The Great book of puzzles and
teasers" pg49, Question name : The Widow.
For those who donot have the book above: I m typing
the Qestion below.
(the following Q is compelete and accurate.)
Four women Anna, Beth, Cass, Dora and 3 men Earl,
Fred, Gene playbridge, a card game for 4 players.
The men and women consist of 3 married couples. an a
The members of each married couple are never partners
in a bridge game.
No more than one married couple ever plays in the same
One night they played four bridge games in which the
partners were as follows:
Anna and Earl Vs Beth and Fred
Anna and Gene Vs Dora and Fred
Beth and Cass Vs Fred and Gene
Cass and Earl Vs Dora and Gene
who is the widow ?
Ans: Cass is the widow.
7. George J Summers, " The Great book of puzzles and
teasers" pg148, Question name : The Murderer in the
(the following Q is compelete and accurate.)
The owner of the mansion has been murdered. The
visitors to the mansion were Allen, Bixby, Crain.
The murderer was one of the three visitors, arrived at
the mansion later than atleast one of the other two
A detective who was one of the three visitors arrived
at the mansion earlier than atleast one of the other
the detective arrived at the mansion at midnight.
nither Allen nr Bixby arrived at the mansion after
The earlier arriver of Bixby and Crane was not the
The later arriver of Allen and Crain was not the
Who was the murderer.
Ans: Allen was the Detective and the Murderer (both).
8. A questiono of type
something i dnot rmembr.
9. (inaccurate Q) AT="xy" MAT="YSD" then vb="?" This
type of question.
10. Find next word in the series:
11. A Q on upstream Downstream.
12. A simple Q on a chess match.
13. A series of 3 figures, Question was to predict the
1) For this question take
Edwin is a judge and a numerologist.He is married to
a woman whose name:
a) has a "product" that is the same as that for
JUDGE:using the correspondence of letters and numbers
above, this product is 10*21*4*7*5.
b)has no letter in common with JUDGE.
c)Has no third letter of the alphabet because 3 is his
d)Has letters in alphabetical order when the first
letter and second letter are interchanged.
What is the name of the judge's wife?
2) The owner of the house has been murdered. The
visitors to the mansion were Allen,bixby and Crain.
a) The murderer ,who was one of the three visitors
,arrived at the mansion later than atleast one of the
other two visitors.
b)A detective,who was one of the three
visitors,arrived at the mansion earlier than atleast
one of the other two visitors
c)The detective arrived at the mansion at midnight.
d)Neither Allen nor Bixby arrive at the mansion after
e)the earlier arriver of Bixby and crain wasnot the
f)the later arriver of allen and crain was not the
Who was the murderer?
3) some farm tools and farm equipments have been
stolen..3 farm workers were interrogated..Each one
makes 2 statements.(i dont remember the statements)One
of the statements made by each of them is right while
the other is wrong. We have to tell who stole them.
4) There is 4-digit number..the second digit is 2 more
than the first..the last digit is five more than the
third..something like this..it is very simple..jus
have to go from the choices given..
B G E
Each of seven digits from 0,1,2,3...8,9 is :
a) represented by a different letter in the figure
b) positioned in the figure above so that A*B*C, B*G*E
and D*E*F are equal.
Which digit does G represent?
6) Given the names of four persons..and also given
that one is taller than the other but shorter than
someone else..statements like these..we have to find
who is the shortest..
7) A man is walking inside the tunnel AB. when he is
3/8th of the distance from A, he hears a train coming
from behind him..he sees that when he moves towards B,
the train just catches him at B, and similar logic if
he tried to reach A..the man walks at a steady rate of
8m/h..what is the speed of the train?
8)Fifty minutes ago if it was four times as many
minutes past four o clock, how many minutes is it to
six o clock?
9) a simple problem related to ages..
10) There are 5 dacoits who have together stolen some
gold coins..they stay at a place for the night hiding
the bounty safely...When evreyone's asleep, one of the
dacoits wakes up, takes 1/5th of the bounty plus one
for himself..the rest he puts back in the bag and goes
to sleep..the next dacoit wakes up, does the same
thing,ie takes 1/5th of the remaining bounty plus one
for himself, puts the rest back and goes to sleep..the
third,fourth and fifth dacoits do the same thing..in
the morning, they all wake up and divide the bounty
equally among them..how may coins were there
originally? The key to this question is to proceed
from the options..see which number leaves a remainder
1 when divided by 5 four times continuously and the
fifth time divides it exactly.
The rest 5 quests i dont remember....Quests 1,2 and 5
have been lifted straight out of Puzzles' by George
Summers..8 is from Shakuntala Devi..
Dont attempt the questions u r not confident of..
The GD round is said to be the Main elimination round
in Satyam..The topic we were given was "US war on
Iraq"..Some other topics could be "environmental
pollution", "Indian Hockey" etc.
The interview consisted of both technical and HR
questions..Expect questions from ur project..and brush
up the subjects in ur major..
CSE- majors were asked on DBMS, a bit of networking,
Object Orientation concepts.etc..