SATYAM PAPER ON 16th AT CHENNAI
i am karthik kumar, i attended satyam interview on 16th march 2007 in vel tech college - off campus, and happy to say that i got placed in satyam... i am eager to share my experience with freshersworld site .......
16th mar 07 --- online test. (no written).
17th mar 07 --- morning --- GD.
evening --- tech HR + HR (combined).
friends on the day before i went for interview i prepared myself, by reading the experiences of those who submitted it on this site.
so, i hope that my experience will also help u....
1. ONLINE EXAM - attended = 2000
16 march - my batch is scheduled on 12 noon, but its delayed & started on 3 pm.
we were seated in the cs lab, where all systems are connected with admin.
total questions : 15
marks : 30 (marks divided as per tough level as 1,2,3 marks.
i cant remeber which question carried how much marks, so i am giving some of questions which i remember,
also there is no agarwal based questions all general questions . BUT GET IDEA 4M AGARWAL BOOK
1. rivers a,b,c,d,e they wil give some conditions (a is bigger than d, e is biggr than c but short than d) u should find which one is shortest.
(easiest)--------ans : e
2. average finding sum--- easy to find 4m the choices given.
3. X runs at 4kmph, Y runs at 4.5 kmph. at what time they wil get separated by 8.5 kms
ans : 17hrs
4 .number series sum - head breaking (3 marks)
5. In a pond there was 2 lilly on 31 jan 2000, 4 lilly on 1 feb 2000, 8 lilly on 3 feb 2000, and on 28 feb 2000 the pond was full of lillies, to find on which day there was 8-digit number of lillies. ------- i didnt do it.
6. in a party there was 10 members,each one should shake hands with others.....to find how many hands were shaked. hint to do this : permutation & combination.
7. hari has 75 rs. he went to market to buy greeting cards he found two varietes of cards 2rs. and 5rs. he need to buy both type, and should spent entire 74rs. how many possible ways he can buy those greetings
8. compound interest problem to find amount
REMAINING SORRY I CANT RECOLLECT.......
friends skip the tough questions and first complete 1 marks,then 2 marks, then go ahead to 3 marks, i left two 3marks,
and one 2 marks. the results were announced i got my name announced..
2. GD - attended = 350
my topic was "womens r mens - who r better managers" - we discussed & selected it..
my panel consisted of 9 students, our moderator is a lady, she encouraged us a lot
one guy initiated and he talked for a minute
next guy started and talked for 2 mins. his points worthless, HR stopped him. (result : eliminated)
next i started and said that neither men or women, only the qualities with them matters,
then some 3 talked....... later i mentioned that indira nooye - CEO of pepsi is a lady & she guides pepsi towards profit........
later those who earlier talked again quoted their points, then i started & i told a story that "A child went to a balloon vendor
and asked that which color goes higher, he replied that the color doesnt matters only air inside matters".......
then moderator called names of those who didnt talked and asked about their views (result : eliminated)
----------------results came after lunch-------------only 3 got selected,& i am the one in that------------
some other topics:
old india vs new india
impact of media on youth
bpo,s in india
1. dont make hr to call ur name, to speak
2. speak within 3-4 to grab attention of moderator
3. dont talk tooooo much total gd time is 5-10 mins.
4. give eg. or small stories or short proverbs only if it is related to topic......
if u cleared GD in satyam (ur gd marks also is considered in Hr) and if ur good to tackle hr's questions, then easily u can clear Hr....
3. HR - attended = 152
they will provide one satyam form like a complete resume, no need of ur resumes, they asked to mention current arrears,one of my collegemate mentioned his arrear and his hr told that him that he wont select him bcz of his current arrear -- even he had 1.
also the application has questions to fill like ---- why satyam shoul hire u, after 5 years where can i see u, wat makes u to aspire to satyam.
i am a non-it student (E & i) so they didnt asked about C, computer based questions but its my case dont always rely on this.....
hav some knowledge on C.
i met the Hr on 7:30 pm
1st he asked tell me about yourself ?
about my special interests r hobbies
y software y not core ?
my interested topic in syllabus, and some questions on it
finally any questions - i asked about training and the domain.......
totally my hr was around 5 mins, but those who went earlier faced 10 - 15 mins.
at 9:30 pm they announced results---------i was horribly tensed-------at last the moment came- from then i am a satyamite---------pay = 2.5 per annum------3 months training - hyderabad-