1)THERE ARE 100 QUESTIONS----
25 from ENGLISH(5 SYN, 10 ERROR corrrection, 5 FILL IN THE BLANKS,5 ANALOGY.)
45 from QUANT.
30 from REASONING.
2)THERE IS UPPER MARK CUT-OFF.SO TRY TO SOLVE ONLY 40% TO 50% QUESTIONS.
3)INTERVIEW WAS BASED ON SOFTWARE ENGIN. and S.A.D PLUS PERSONAL IN JADAVPUR.
4)THERE IS ONLY ONE SET.
5)QUANT WERE AVERAGE.(QUESTION ALSO CONTAIN FLOW CHART)
6)REASONING CONTAINS PUZZELS --A BIT TOUGH.
7)ENGLISH WERE AVERAGE.
I AM SENDING SOME OF THE QUESTIONS WHICH I CAN
QUESTIONS::-- SYNTEL 2003
FILL IN THE BLANKS:-5Q
* ONE FILL IN THE BLANKS HAS ANS
ERROR CORRECTION:-10 Q
DO YOURSELF.I COULD NOT REMEMBER.
DO YOURSELF I COULD NOT REMEMBER.
* IF THE LENGTH OF A SQUARE IS INCREASED BY 10%,THEN BY WHAT AMOUNT AREA WILL INCREASE?
*IF LENGTH INCREASED BY 10% AND BREDTH DECREASE BY 20% ,THEN FIND % CHANGE IN AREA OF A RECTANGLE.
* A MARKS 25% ABOVE THE COST PRICE AND THEN GIVES 12.5% DISCOUNT WHAT IS IT'S RESULTANT PROFIT?
*THERE WERE A PROBLEM OF TANK-(NOT REMEMBERED BUT ANS IS 91 hr) ANS-- 91 hr
*THERE WAS A PROBLEM OF A.P SERIES
*A PROBLEM ON FLOW CHART
*A PROBLEM ON SPHERE AND CIRCLE
*A PROBLEM ON MEAN,MEDIAN
ANS--4bm^2 THAT IS 4*b*m*m
*A PROBLEM ON SERIES:-
*A PROBLEM OF MONKEY CLIMBING ON A POLE
*A PROBLEM THAT CONTAINS A LOT OF BRACKET:-((((( )))))).......
ANS-none of these.
*A PROBLEM ON CIRCLE AND RECTANGLE........................
ANS-- (4-(pie)/4 ) ; pie=22/7
*IF a:b=2:3 AND b:c=5:6 THEN FIND a:b:c=?
*A PROBLEM ON-- MAX PRICE 30% MORE,DISCOUNT ONCASH PAYMENT 10%-------------
REST QUESTIONS WERE EASY ,BUT I COULD NOT REMEMBER.
REASONING:-- 30 Q
NOW I AM GIVING ANS ONLY OF SOME QUESTIONS WITH THEIR POSITION IN QUESTION PAPER--
FIRST was aptitude test [1hr - 9ques - 50marks]
1. A car is traveling at a uniform speed. The driver sees a milestone showing a 2-digit number. After traveling for an hour the driver sees another milestone with the same digits in reverse order. After another hour the driver sees another milestone containing the same two digits with a zero inbetween. What is the average speed of the driver.(6 marks)
Ans: 45 kmph (Milestones:16, 61, 106)
2. If you add one quarter of the present time after midnight to half of the time remaining from present time to the midnight, then you get the present time. What is the present time.(6 marks)
Ans: 9hr 36min
3. Mr. ANYONE of ANYCITY has to attend a function at UNKNOWNCITY. He starts his journey with his driver to UNKNOWNCITY. After 2hrs of journey, the car gets punctured. Driver took 10mins to change the tyre. Then in order to cover the rest of the distance driver drives at 30mph. They reach their destination half an hour earlier the scheduled time. Later Mr. ANYONE told his driver that if the car get punctured after traveling 30 miles more then we would have reached 15 min late. What is the distance traveled by the car.(6 marks)
4. Three thieves A,B & C stolen a mule, a horse and a camel. They were caught by CBI and arrested. During their interrogation they gave the following statements:
A: B has stolen the horse.
C: A is lying and B has stolen a mule.
B: A & C are both lying and I have stolen nothing.
It was found later in investigation that the person who has stolen a camel is telling lie and one who has stolen a horse is telling truth. Among A,B,C who has stolen what?(4 marks)
Ans: A-Camel B-Mule C-Horse
5. ------ GRE analytical type puzzle ------ (8 marks)
6. There are 3 societies a,b,c. a lent tractors to b and c as many as they had. After some time b gave as many tractors to a and c as many as they have. After sometime c did the same thing. At the end of this transaction each one of them had 24. Find the tractors each originally had.
Ans: a-39, b-21, c-12 (5 marks)
7. ------ GRE analytical type puzzle ------ (8 marks)
8. There are five friends A,B,C,D,E,F,G having their birthdays on consecutive days. The birthday of B precedes> birthday of E with the same number of days as the birthday of D precedes birthday of F. B is two days older than D. ----- and many more conditions, you have to find the birthdays of all given that G's birthday is on Wednesday. -----(4 marks)
9. There are something black, brown and green and something 35m, 45m & 55m and some conditions on it.(3 marks)
Ans: brown, 55m
SECOND was test of English language [30min - 45ques - 45marks]
containing a Reading Comprehension passage and some questions on it, many questions on finding grammatically correct sentences, some sentence completion questions etc.
Note : some questions are missing (5 & 7) and some are incomplete (8> & 9), let's hope someone will help them to complete.
a. window:bedroom b. lument:barevemant
c. pot:pan d. face:penalty
select most oppsite word from the list (there are 5 options)
1 sedate answer=a. unify, b. inmmunize, c. recupenate, d.
stimulate, e. injure
2 sequester ( options not known)
Some questions repeated from aptitude (earliar)
1 One monkey climbs a poll at the rate of 6mts/min
and fell down 3mts in the alternately. Length of the poll is 60 mts ,
how much time it will take to reach the top?
a. 31 b.33 c.37 d.40
2 Two successive discounts of 20% and 15% is equal to a net
discount of ...
a 30 b 35 c d
3 A person starts with the speed of u/1 kmph and returns with
the speed of u/2 kmph, what is his average speed.
4. X men work for X days to produce X products, then Y men can
produce Y products in ---- days.
5.The number of sides of a convex polygon with angle 40
6.A shaded fig is given..find area of shaded to nonshaded region
7.Number of numbers divisible by 9 using the no:s 6,8,2,1(not sure)
8.a+b=2c find 1/c-b + b/c-a (something like this)
9.Speed and time prob
11.Diff b/w CI and SI for a period of 2 yr is Rs.16/-.Find principal
12.A cone is surmounted by a hemisphere (dim r given) .Find the volume
13.Prob of Scheduling a flight for a week (4 or 5 Q based on that)
14.220 ppl hv to go to a trip..Bus capacity (P Q R S) and Cost of each is
given (some Q based )
1) section 1
- first section was english. where u had to find the wrong words in the sentence.
- find relation matching the given relationshi p like:
options were given
-arranging the sentence in sequence...
2) section 2
1)a price of sugar increases by 32% so familly reduces consumption so that expenditure is raised by only 10%. If the initial consumtion is 10kg then find the reduction in consumtion of family now.
2)problems on Simple interest, compund interest.
3)problems on profit /loss
4)in a class there were 12 students where avg age was 30. later after few students were added havin age 32 so avg age now becomes 31 . find the no of students added in class?
5) problems on avg
6) problems on work and time from RS aggrwal
most of the problems where like this...(many from rs agg)
here there were problems based on people sitting in the circle and given some conditions .. u had to find who is sitting where?
all problems of logical reasoning.
there was no -ve marking paper was of 100 marks with 50% passing.
questions are easy.i am writing some of the questions that icould remember.
1. find out the three digit number whose second digit is equalto the sum of first digit and third digit and when first digitand second digit are exchanged it gives a difference of 99 from the origional number. ans: 253
2.10 years ago the father was 7times older than his son.2 years hence 2 times the fathers age will be 5 times the sons age.what are there present age.ans:38,14
3.sum of the age of mother and daughter is 63...... ans: 43
4.3 prizes r being distributed to 10 persons.a person can take any number of prizes.how many ways it can be done?
5. a person deposites his 20000 rs at 5% and 4% and at the end he gains 918 rs.find out the money he deposited on these persentages. ans:- 11800,8200.
6.35 persons likes horror movies,25 persons like romantic movies,5 don't like any of them.how many do see both ?
7.if there r 21 spokes in a wheel then how many spaces r there in between. ans 21
8.two flow charts are given(12 questions r based on this)second flow chart is easier.
9.some conditions are given u can form a family tree with the help of this.
ans: 4 male members,three children etc..
10. u have to find out the shaded area(remeber 14 cm) ans: 14*14-22/7(7)^2
11. u have to find area of shaded region(remember 144 or 142cm) ans: if it is 144
12: two questions are given on relations.perhaps first one is wrong ans: (second one) niece
13. paw:cat::hoof: ?
14. lion:cub::colt: ?
a) manuscript b)speech c)metal d)....
1.English ( 25 ques, 15 mins) synonyms( for the given word there are 3 synonyms
and one odd one is given find the odd)
- fill in the blanks with the suitable word.(5 ques)
- sentence correction.(10 ques)
- analogies(5 ques)
2. Aptitude.(45 ques, 30 mins)
3. Reasoning and a flowchart(30 ques, 30 mins)
synonyms: (not sure)
1. intimidness: fear
2. crust: wave
3. assist: save
4. affirm: hint
1. one pipe fills in 4 hrs and another in 5hrs when they both work alternately how much time will be taken to fill the tank.
2. LCM of 3 nos is 120 which of the following no must not be their HCF
a. 8 , b.24 c.12 d.24 and 30
3. two trains from the points A and B moving in opposite direction, at the point they meet the second train travels 120 kms more than the first. The speeds are 50kmph and 60kmph respectively find the distance between A and B?
4. One monkey climbs a poll at the rate of 6mts/min and fell down 3mts in the
alternately. Length of the poll is 60 mts , how much time it will take to reach
a. 31 b.33 c.37 d.40 (ans: 37)
5. a number when multiplied by 7/18 instead of 7/8 and got the result 770 less
than the actual result , find the original number?
6. The volume and the radius of both cone and sphere are equal , then find the
ratio of height of the cone to the diameter of the sphere?
7. A and B started a business with 1500 and 2500 and got a profit 800 rs. Half
of the profit is shared equally the remaining is shared according to their
investment. Find their profits.
8. The difference between the simple interest and compound interest for 2 years?
A:B =2:3 and B:C=5:6 then find A:B:C
9. an amount of 64 Rs has to become 125 in 3 years in compound interest , find
the rate of interest?
10. a similar to the above problem find the time(rate of interest is given)
11. the prime no., which is greater than 6 when divide by 6 will always gives
ans: 1 or 5
12. Length of a rectangle is increased by 50% and breadth is decreased by 25%
what is the difference in the area
13. Mr X position in a class is 13th from first and 17th from last, and 8th from
the first and 13th from last in passed candidates list, then how many candidates
failed in the exam
14. Two successive discounts of 20% and 15% is equal to a net discount of ..
15. A two digit number is 4 times to its sum of digits , when 9 is added to the
number, the digits will get reversed. Then what is that number?
16. The length of the following rectangle is 4a and its breadth is 2a.
Radius of the two circles is a. Then find the ratio of total area of the
rectangle to the area not covered by the two circles with in the rectangle
17. A person starts with the speed of u/1 kmph and returns with the speed of u/2
kmph, what is his average speed.
18. A cistern will be filled in 9 hrs, but becoz of an outlet it is filled in 10
hrs, if the cistern is filled, then how much time the outlet takes to empty the
19. In a right angled triangle ABC angle B = 90 , BM is the median to AC , then
AB2 + BC2 (in terms of BM)
20. Three circles with same radius r are drawn with centres as three vertices of
a triangle. What is the sum of areas of the intersections of these circles with
21. X men work for X days to produce X products, then Y men can produce Y
products in ---- days.
22. The compound interest for first and second years is 200 and 220 on a certain
amount. Find the sum.
23. Marked price of a commodity is 35% above the cost price. If he gives a
discount of 15%, how much he gains on the deal.
24. 5 mangoes + 4 oranges = 7 mangoes + 1 orange.
Find the ratio of mango to orange.
25. A man starts a work, after some time some one joins him ..like this
26. Food is sufficient for 100men for 60days. For how many days the food is
sufficient for 500men?
27. If 8men 8hrs per day works for 8days get 45/- then how many men required if
the work is 5hrs per day for10days they get 60/-?
28. A person sold an item at a profit of 12% .If he sold it at a loss of 12%
then he would get Rs.6/- less. What is the cost price?
29. (1 ½ /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5))) * ((2 ¾/((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))) (Numbers
30. Avg age of X number of adults in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg
age of 32 joined with them then the avg age increases by one. Find X?
31. A sphere of radius 2cms is dropped into a cylinder of radius 4 cms
containing water upto certain level. The raise in the water level is (not sure)
32. find the average of reciprocals of x and y :
33. In a school there are 1000 students in the year 1999. The number of students
increased by 20% in the year 2000. And it is increased by 15% in the year 2001.
But it is decreased by 18% in 2002. Then what is the strength in 2002.(numbers
1. Odd man out
a) stem b) fruits c) flowers d) tree e) root
2. 9, --, 15, 18, 21, 24
3. seating arrangement(2 puzzles)
4. books arrangement (puzzle)
6. If 3rd day of a month is Monday.Then what is the 5th day after 21st of that month?
7. blood relation