TATA Elxsi Paper
2)average of family members is so and so.the younger one born 10 yrs bfore then average of members at tht time
3) 101 ^ 100 -1 divisble by
4)which is greater 3^200 or 2 ^300
5)tank filling problem
6)no: of triangles of a octagon
7) ratio prob
8)workers prob..sal obtained by each
9)no: of ways in which 8 girls and 4 boys can be arranged so tht all boys r together
C programs r given and find outputs
some Q on Unix shell script
Qs on OS
find the sizeof ...given a structure
which is faster..accessing by func ptr or accessing by fun name
Q on boolean operator
There are basically 2 papers :
1. Technical (30 questions,30 minutes)
2. Aptitude (30 questions,20 minutes)
There will be different technical test for EC and CS
Ec :: digital ckt,op-amp,analog,communication etc
Cs :: OS,Sys-software,C/C++ etc
Apti is same for all :: Refer R S aggarwal
pipe and cristen,train and some other etc.
the selecion criteria for interview was top scorers
in the Technical test...If tech score matches then on
I will try and mail some Ec-tech questions later....
Interview is ::
2.Some electronic ckts, op-amp etc
Two seperate tests:
-Technical(30 questions-30 minutes)-seperate for CS and EC.
-Analytical(30 questions-20 minutes)
-Technical was conducted first followed by Analytical
-There was no negative marking
-There were no seperate question booklets.Everybody had the same one
-Technical test(for computer science) consisted MAINLY 'C' questions.And most of them were difficult ones.There were 3 questions from Computer Graphics ( Tata Elsxi is also into Multimedia Development,that may be the reason )
-Analytical test DID NOT HAVE ANY ENGLISH QUESTIONS.R.S Aggarwal's 'Quantitative Aptitude' would be very helpful here because there were questions asked from Numbers/Simplification/Problems on Ages/Profit and Loss/Ratio and Proportion/Time & Work/Pipes & Cisterns/Time & Distance/Problems on Trains/Problems on Boats & Streams /Area/Volume & Surface Area/Calendar/Clocks.So as you can see,they covered almost the entire book
2)Technical Test(20 questions out of 30)
1) Graphics:Painters algorithm is used for...........
2) Graphics:Why is 'Lighting' operations done on World Coordinates?
3) Graphics:One more question
4) Some question on C External Variables.
5) How can you call a function written in FORTRAN from a C program ?
6) Normal question on pointer addition
7) Another question on pointer adition
8) A question on 64 bit OS's and Virtual Memory it will be having
9) Another question on 64 bit OS
10) A structure was given and it contained normal data as well as some bit-wise data.You had to find the total size taken up by the structure
11) A big code with lots of pointers.There was a struct which contained 2 arrays.Then an array of that structure was declared.The code used these structures and you had to find the values of a variable 'j' at various points inside the code
12) A code which had some declarations of some data items.There were a couple of normal data items(char,int..) and some pointers as well and a malloc call.You have to find the total memory taken up in the stack(Hint:Pointers and all are allocated in heap,not in stack,so dont count them).Also in most of these questions,they were specifying that the OS was 32 bit
13) A question on nesting of pointers.There was this pointer to a function which returned an array of char pointers.....You had to give the exact definition of the function
14) Value of 2 particular variables in C(MAXINT and some other constant)
15)What do you need to do to open more than 10 files simultaneously in Microsoft Operating System?
-change stdio.h/change CONFIG.SYS/compiler dependent
16) A question on Macro( consisted of something like CTRL&037)
17) Another question on Macro expansion
18) Yet another question on Macro expansion
19) UNIX question on 'who' output and then doing some other operation and then asking you whats the output.
20) UNIX question on 'awd' operation.
3)Analytical Test(20 questions out of 30)
1) 101^100 -1 is divisible by.....
2) Question on boat ( stream velocity given...)
3) Train Question( Goods and Passenger train..their speeds given..)
4) Pipe question (with leak at the bottom..)
5) Salary & Proportion problem
6) Another problem on Salary & Proportion
7) Age question-father and son
8) Another age question
9) Question on ratios( Sachin:Saurav=Saurav:Rahul=3:2....together they scored some runs,you had to find the runs scored by Sachin)
10) Angle between hands when time is 2:20
11) x^2 + 4 y^2 =4xy.Find x:y
12) A question on Arithmetic Progression(something like 5 times the 5th term is 8 times the 8th term..find 12th term...)
13) A and B's work units given.They were together gievn Rs.720.When C joined,they together completed the work in 5 days.Find C's wages
14) There was a circle.A square of max size was cut from it.From this square,a circle of max size was cut.What was the ratio of this final size w.r.t initial size?
15) A runs 3/4th faster than B.One of them was placed some metres ahead.How far should the finishing post be placed so that both of them finish at the same time?
16) Longest time one has to wait for next birthday?(366/365/4 years/8years)
17) Next no: in the seq: 7,11,__,19,23
18) Some question on steps...it was 10 ft high...an ant travelled upwards..and total time taken
19) Cricket-some data on runrate of the opposition being 15%....
20) Time & Distance..somebody was travelling along the circumference....
The questions are not at all complete because i have a short memory :-) I couldnt pass the test,so i dont have the Interview details.May be somebody who have passed the test can post those details.All the best to everybody !