TCS PAPER ON 29 SEPTEMBER 2007 AT DELHI
I appeared for the TCS off campus in delhi on 29th Sept. 2007. I thought that TCS would conduct the interviews on same day, but to my surprise there were around 10,000 ppl appearing for the off-campus.
The guys @ TCS SAID THAT IF WE QUALIFY FOR NXT ROUNDS THEY WUD INFORM THRU EMAIL.
ALL QUES R BASICALLY FRM PREVIOUS PAPERS ONLY.
I found the verbal section very tough…. Spl. The sentence completion ques..:-(… so I recommend u to 1st do the Quantitative Apti…. The Critical reasoning & then move on to verbal section…
If ur prepared for the QA, & Critical reasoning u’ll finish these two section in 30 min & so u can have 1 hour to do the verbal section…
TIME DURATION 1hr. 30 min.
VERBAL- aroung 30-35 ques.
QUANTITATIVE- 65 ques.
CRITICAL- 12 ques.
10 synonyms…. 10 antonyms… 5 sentence completion ques, was very tough….4 passage reading questions…
1. A series question. Very simple as 16 19 15 ? 14 21 (don't remember exactly)
2. ACUTE is coded as ZBTSD then DMFBS stand for. ANS: CLEAR
3. In the following string find the occurrences of F followed by U but that is not followed by R. U F R U F D D Y W Z U U F F.......
4. WHAT IS THE LARGEST PRIME NO THAT IS STORED IN 6 BIT PATTERN
5.WHICH WILL GIVE GOOD STANDARD DEVIATION
1. (7,0,-7,0,7) 2. (7,-7,7,-7,7) 3. (1,0,-1,0,1)
6. WHICH IS NOT A SIDE OF A RECTANGULAR
1. (2m, 3m, 4m ) 2. (3m, 4m, 7m ) 3. (3m, 5m, 9m )
7.WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES
OF X ,Y
MAN , WOMAN AND A BOY JOINDLY DID A JOB IN 6 DAYS. A MAN ALONE FINISHES IN 10 DAYS, A WOMEN ALONE FINISH IN 24 DAYS. THEN HOW MANY DAYS THE BOY CAN TAKE TO FINSH?
10. FOR TEMPERATURE A FUNCTION IS GIVEN ACCORDING TO TIME : ((t**2)/6) + 4t +12 WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE RISE OR FALL BETWEEN 6.PM TO 9 PM .What is the percentage of temp change between 6pm to 9pm
11. AN AEROPLANE STARTS FROM 18’N45’E AT 2 AM LOCAL TO B36’N45’W. TRAVELLLING TIME IS 9 HOURS. WHAT IS THE LOCAL TIME OF B WHEN IT REACHES B.
12. A FILE IS TRANSFERRED FROM A PLACE TO ADESTINATION CAPABLE OF 10 KB. THEY GIVEN SOME RATE OF TRANSFER. U HAVE FIND A EQUATION THAT BEST SUIT THIS.
13. IN A PLANAR CUBE , THE NO. OF VERTICES, NO OF EDGES AND NO OF FACES ARE
1. 6, 6, 6 2. 4, 8, 12 3. 8, 12, 6 4.........
14. WHAT IS THE VALUE OF M(373, 7) + R(6.8) -T(3.4) + R( 3.4)
M- MODULAS R- ROUNDOFF T- TRUNCATE
15. WHAT IS THE VALUE OF #%#(5) + %%#(9)
WHERE % - square root #- Square
16. MATCH THE FOLLOWING (Don't remember exactly but problem model is important)
SENTENCE, PARAGRAPH TYPE OF
2. BASMATI, WHEAT 2. A PART OF
3. BROTHER, SISTER 3. NOT A TYPE OF
4. BREIGAL, DOG 4. SIBLING
17. G (0) =1 G (1)= -1 IF G (N)=G (N-1) + G(N-2) THEN WHAT IS THE VALUE OF G (6)?
18. A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
Then find the decimal equivalent of ( A U B ) n C.
19. THREE Schemes in a bank independently gives savings 10%, 20%, 25%. WHAT WILL BE THE NET SAVING if they are applied together?
20. WHICH ONE WILL BE THE EXACT POWER OF 3
(i) 2768 (ii) 2678 (III) 2187 (IV)
21 A power unit is there by the bank of the river 750 mts. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river at 1500mts. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter ansd cost of cable on the bank is Rs. 12/- per meter. Then where they will cut
22. ODD MAN OUT
1.JAVA 2.SMALLTALK 3.LISP 4.EIFFEL 5. C++
24. In which of the system 384 is equal to 1234?
1. base 5 2. base 6 3. base 7 4. base 8 5. base 9
25. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
26. which of the following equations of line are orthogonal.
27. Calculate last address of array element column major A[2,3], array size A[7,9], each element occupies 8 bytes. Start address is 3000.
28. (force * velocity)/ (mass * acceleration) =
1. Velocity 2.time 3. Acceleration 4.momentum
29. In the word "unimpressive" if we change 1st & 2nd, 3rd & 4th, so on then will be 10th letter from right?
30-32 .Then three Questions on VENN DIAGRAM
People spk hindi , eng, gujrati….. total no. ppl. Spking hindi & guj… etc.. very easy..
33-36.Then three Questions on bar chart and pie chart (refer GRE BARRON).relating to distributors of a company etc…
ALL QUES R FRM PREVIOUS PAPERS ONLY SO GO THRU OLDER PAPERS AS WELL…
CRITICAL REASONING QUESTIONS..
1.Question in which there r two communities red & brown….. refer barrons model paper 1 (12th edition….
There were 3 questions based on this….
2. question where a person needs to go from location A to location C.. there r three ways… of going.. thru toll free bridge, toll bridge & a tunnel… question is in 12th edition barron model paper 1.
There were three ques on this one also..
3.& there was 1 more paragraph & three ques based on that…