NOTE: EACH OF THE QUESTIONS GIVEN BELOW APPEAR AS MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS IN THE ACTUAL PAPER.
Directions for questions 1-15:Find the synonyms of the following words
Ans. Deflation, Depression, Devaluation, fall, slump in
Ans. Feel and express disapproval of
Ans. Thing one encourages a person to do
Ans. Level of authority or responsibility
Ans.To make changes or introduce new things
Ans. Externally stopping and then starting
Ans.To make less angry or more friendly
Ans.Conventional or superstitious
Ans.Liable to err
Ans.Clear or obvious
Ans. Suggest in addition to the fundamental
Ans. Reverse, Opposite
1. There are 150 weights .Some are 1 kg weights and some are 2 kg weights.
The sum of the weights is 260.What is the number of 1kg weights?
2. A is driving on a highway when the police fines him for overspeeding
and exceeding the limit by 10 km/hr.At the same time B is fined for overspeeding
by twice the amount by which A exceeded the limit.If he was driving at 35 km/hr
what is the speed limit for the road?
Ans. 15 kmph
3. A moves 3 kms east from his starting point . He then travels 5 kms
north. From that point he moves 8 kms to the east.How far is A from his starting
Ans. 13 kms
4. A car travels 12 kms with a 4/5th filled tank.How far will the car
travel with 1/3 filled tank?
Ans. 5 kms
5. The sum of the digits of a two digit number is 8. When 18 is added to
the number, the digits are reversed. Find the number?
6. The cost of one pencil, two pens and four erasers is Rs.22 while the
cost of five pencils, four pens and two erasers is Rs.32.How much will three
pencils, three pens and three erasers cost?
7. Fathers age is 5 times his son's age. 4 years back the father was 9
times older than son.Find the fathers' present age.
Ans. 40 years
8. What number should be added to or subtracted from each term of the
ratio 17 : 24 so that it becomes equal to 1 : 2.
Ans. 10 should be subtracted
9. What is the 12th term of the series 2, 5, 8, ....
10. If 20 men take 15 days to to complete a job, in how many days can 25
men finish that work?
Ans. 12 days
11. In a fraction, if 1 is added to both the numerator at the
denominator, the fraction becomes 1/2. If numerator is subtracted from the
denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the fraction.
12. If Rs.1260 is divided between between A, B and C in the ratio 2:3:4,
what is C's share?
Ans. Rs. 560
13. A shopkeeper bought a watch for Rs.400 and sold it for Rs.500.What is his profit percentage?
14. What percent of 60 is 12?
15. Hansie made the following amounts in seven games of cricket in India:
Rs.10, Rs.15, Rs.21, Rs.12, Rs.18, Rs.19 and Rs.17(all figures in crores of
course).Find his average earnings.
Ans. Rs.16 crore
Critical Reasoning Section
This section is basically just a reading comprehension section.The
critical reasoning section consists of some passages followed by 4 to 7
questions per passage.The questions are such that they require ability to read
fast and comprehend.The questions asked in this section have three choices TRUE,
FALSE, CAN'T SAY.Some examples of passages are given in test 1.For further
practice you may go through any GRE or CAT book which will provide you with
ample practice regarding these kinds of questions.
This test consists of 150 questions and is just a pyshcology test which should be answered confidently and doesn't require any preparation.One must try being consistent while answering as the same questions are repeatedly asked in different forms.Also one must answer all questions.Questions are of yes or no kind.
Are you sincere?
If you find a purse in the market with loads of money would you return it to
the rightful owner?
While climbing up the stairs do you take two steps at a time?
Do you drink and smoke more than you think you should?
Are you the life of the party you attend?
Are you shy?