1) Every station in N railroad issues every other station's ticket. Some stations are added. Now they have to issue 46 more tickets. Give the No. of stations after and before added.
2) There was a race between 3 people. Me, Doug and Anne. When I take 21 steps the distance covered is equal to Doug's 24 steps and Anne's 28 steps. I take 6 steps to every 7 steps of Doug and 8 steps of Anne. Who won the race?
3)How many bearers will an explorer need for a 6 day march if each man can carry the food stuff of one man for 4 days.
4) Consider the following statements:
Albert: Dave did it.
Dave: Tony did it.
Gug: I did not do it.
Tony: Dave lied when he said that i did it.
(a)If only one out of all above statements is true, who did it?
(b)If only one out of all above statements is false, who did it?
5) A contribution of Rs. 500 was raisedfrom 500 people. The fee was as follows:
Men: Rs.3.00 each
Women: Rs. 2.00 each
Childern: 0.48 each
If number of women is more than number of men, how many childern are there?
6) Alice and Liu had some berries. The total of Alice's berries and square of number of berries with Liu is 62. The total of Liu's berries and square of number of berries with Alice is 176. How many berries does each of them have?
7) A rope ladder was left down from a ship. 12 steps of the ladder were exposed at 10:00 am. The queen who was going to visit the ship, said she would visit at 1:00 pm as she would have to climb lesser number of steps then. The tide in the sea increases from morning to afternoon at the rate of 1.2 meters per hour. The distance between any 2 steps of the ladder is 0.4 mts. How many steps will the queen have to climb?
8) 5 hunters Doe, Deer,Hare,Boarand Row kill 5 animals. Each hunter kills an animal that does not corrspond to his name. Also each hunter misses a different animal which again does not correspond to his name.
a) The Deer is killed by the hunter,known by the name of the animal killed by Boar.
b) Doe is killed by the hunter, known by name of animal missed by Hare.
c) The Deer was disappointed to kill only a Hare and missed the Roe.
9) There was 1 more on moon gravity 1/6, weight ...
Altogether there were 11 questions to be completed in 1 hr.English test was simple for 30 mins - 1 comprehension & other fill in the blank kinds, questions some sentence correction questions.